December 28, 2009 - January 1, 2010

Toups

• Members

I'm still waiting for Toups to confirm this before I believe anything Nelson posts.

Y&R can get its one week at 3.9, I'm not impressed. The only way this looks impressive is if the show can keep a 3.9 consistently or consistently go up, which they won't be able to do and haven't been able to do. Let's see if they can do a .4 jump on a week that isn't Holiday-related. Let's see if they can consistently stay in the upper 3's without going down to the mid or lower 3's for an extended period of time.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never seen those "stupid" and "tasteless" posts and I certainly haven't seen such name calling in the Y&R threads.

I see people disagreeing, and it's usually very respectful.

Again, most posting simply don't like Y&R and the the state the writing is in right now, so I guess for those who have the opposite view, it can seem a little strange and combative, but I guess that's to be expected when more posters have a particular view when compared to another set of posters.

It's not like the other popular soap boards are any better in this respect, look at the Y&R discussions on other boards...

Need I direct anyone to the CBS soap boards?

• Members

I don't know if I would say excellent, but I dont think it is as bad as everyone else says it is. I think that it is pretty good. The new Malcolm? Ehh...Not Shemar Moore, but not as bad as I thought.

Victor/Nikki...Don't really miss them. I really liked them at one point, but I think that with them being gone for the moment, it allows other characters to be exposed to storylines outside of Victor. I am still sick over the way they wrote out Colleen. Bad choice, and I admit I have watched less since.

Sharon/Adam/Ashley: The storyline has SOME premise (Though it will never be as good as the baby storyline on DAYs...). I would like to see Ashley figure everything out. And have Adam threaten to kill the baby if she tells Sharon anything, therefore Ashley will have to leave small anonymous clues over the next couple months, so that Sharon can figure it out and have a showdown with Adam.

• Members

Well I'm confused because ok you meet your demos but damn it has to be embarrassing to be tied for last place I go on different forums and they say Oh' that doesn't matter because they met demos...

I just don't understand (outside of your advertisers) how you can be in a three way tie for last place, but it doesn't matter (according to these #s here) it has to hold some relevance.

GH has been tanking (with the exception of a few weeks here there sporadically)

however pretty much consistently since last year but it doesn't matter because they met their demos which the last I heard #1 is still better than #2.

Re: Y&R World: Turner how soaps did in the demos, I guess if it was anything noteworthy, NBC or ABC would have already had a press release prepared....

Yep ABC release that Fringe Report right away....

I like Y/R writing its less stressful....

GH Clubs you to death trying to pimp an agenda

Archived