Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is having Jamie Luner as Dru (which would probably never happen) that much worse than shoving Tyra on all the black men on canvas, and having Dru's sister repeatedly say she is the new Drusilla?

Y&R used to be the crown jewel of daytime. If we are now at, "At least AMC is worse," that's really something. Especially since the AMC model is probably what they are going for, given their contempt for the vets and their overreliance on psychos, which was what AMC started doing a decade ago.

I know most here hate Alden and I can see where her flaws are and I know she's never coming back anyway, but at least she might be able to salvage the female characters. What they have done to the women on this show is pathetic.

• Members

If this writing regime knew how to write and develop character, especially characters of colour, I always thought Amelia Marshall would be great with Kristoff, or as some professional working woman on Y&R. Though this writing regime HATES independent women too.

Not to mention, she has one of the best smiles I've ever seen. I thought she was underrated for her work on GL, and AMC just wasted her. She probably loved doing the crazy crap on Passions too.

• Members

See, it's funny you say that. Because some people say that in having Ashley-Nikki-Diane all battle for Victor's sperm, Alden totally trashed her females. (Spermgate worked for me, because it was original for this show, and it had fun with the idea that Victor was a "prize bull"...something that had already been made pretty explicit by the preceding 20 years of story).

But I get what you are saying...

• Members

Who said At least AMC is worse?

Alden is not your writer to write for women. Kay Alden's obsessions are well-known. It's funny how female writers write equally weak women as their male counterparts.

Oh, you already said how Alden is wrong for women. Good. :)

• Members

I thought the story did trash Ashley, but Diane and Nikki both seemed the same as always to me. I don't expect Nikki to be a feminist or live without men. I just expect her to have a purpose and a strong point of view, which she no longer does. Those at the show now barely hide their hatred of her, or at best, casual disregard for her.

Even then, as much as I did not care for that story, I don't think it suggested an overall contempt towards women. The canvas reeks of that now, made even worse because of their delusions of what makes a strong man.

Archived