Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol::lol::lol:

Originally from Episodes:

I don't know if he's underaged. But it DOES remind me of a movie Joshua Morrow did!

My Stepson, My Lover (since retitled)

t24926kvobg.jpg

ETA: I don't know about Noah, but I think Kevin Schmidt is over 21.

ETA2: Can't embed, but a trailer of the film is here. Priceless :)

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/161969/Love-Murder-and-Deceit/trailers

• Members

Moved from Episodes thread

I don't pay any attention to ages. Heck, the Cane-Philip debacle is a perfect example. We SAW Victor feed Michael Scott rats a few weeks ago. We SAW Victor kill Walter Palin. As Peter Bergman said in one interview "they can redeem you in two episodes".

Hey, that was my idea, LOL. Moreover, I said "who shot" not "who killed". Think of J.R. Ewing. Thus, not a "waste"--but the launch of a big mystery. (I'm funnin' with 'ya a bit, because I hate whodunits on soaps).

Prison is NOT "off-canvas" within this show. They have a permanent prison set, LOL, in which short-term bookings and long-term prisoners all seem to mix, and where both women and men stay. Think of Phyllis, Victorm Jana, Gloria's, and many others' prison stints. None of them were off canvas.

Sorry to say, this will continue apace. I think it was DeeeDee who said that the Scoobies, Adam, Cane, Billy, Lily -- they're the ones this regime is investing in HEAVILY. That is not going to change. Adam is a "core" character, and I think you can expect him to ride this show to the final episode.

• Members

Everything with Victor was played out and paced in an appropriate manner, also Victor was an established character that we KNOW never paid for anything by the time Walter Palin died. Also, Walter Palin and Michael Scott were NOT long-term core characters like Ashley or Sharon, people the audience is really attached to and like.

Adam is a next generation character, a fairly newly introduced character, and his potential has already been squandered, with committing these repulsive acts towards members of the two core families on this show.

This is not a way to establish a new character, especially a next generation character. Adam is a core character and Victor Newman's son, and when he gets exposed, who is left to believably forgive him? I certainly cannot see Ashley, Sharon, Heather, Rafe, and other believably forgiving him for these gross and inhumane crimes he's been getting away with for months. If they do forgive him, I simply cannot buy it.

When you add the crappy pacing and execution of stories from this current writing regime, it makes it all worse.

You better be "funnin" with me! :lol::P

I was thinking more along the lines of Michael's off-camera prison time...

Yes, the justice system is completely unbelievable and ridiculous in Genoa City these days, but I blame the writers for that too.

Yes, with all these damaging writing and ridiculousness on this show, sadly.

And what an awful group of poorly developed characters to be invested in...

Still, even you can surely admit Adam's potential was squandered and there was more for this character to be than what he turned out to be?

If these are the final few years of Y&R, then I can see why it is. The show feels like a dying show anyway.

But still again, I'm clinging to hope this writing team will be replaced (even if we have to keep Maria only as a figurehead), and things might start looking up. Things might never be "brilliant" again, but I'd like some consistency and I'd like to see very basic soap opera elements being explored properly, instead of being botched like they currently are on Y&R.

• Members

Honestly Mark it would seem to me this is what the writing team would love to try to do; train each viewer to accept and makesense of this ridiculously bad storytelling, I guess you have (not trying to be offensive at all ) the appropriate threshold for this agenda - driven and propaganda writing and these horrible marketting buzz techniques, more power to you. I guess don't know how anyone can stand it. My SIL and Bro are here staying w/me for a bit and as I know they both were avid watchers as I was (lol funny how we all found out about each other) my SIL is the only one who still watches hoping for the better change but they both have (independent of my own opinions) commented on how bad the state of the show is and my brother like myself can no longer stand to watch and try to make sense of it....

I cringe at the idea of any of that on this show, especially with the "creative" heads seeming addiction to "shocking" plot-points that subsitute for "irony" or "twists"

I am so cynical at this point Y&R; once Y&R went on life support sometime last year it felt like the shot heard around the soap world for me. The people who were passionate , and excellent at leadership in writing and producing within this genre are now gone in death or retirement

• Members

Did you guys see TMZ today? They caught Shemar on the street and they asked him what he thought about Eddie Winslow replacing him. Shemar, who tries just too hard to sound like a brotha, said that Darius was his boy, he hadn't seen him in a minute, yadda yadda. The pap asked him if he thought DM would bring the same charm/charisma to the role, and Shemar kinda paused/gathered his thoughts and said something to the effect of, "I gotta do me... often imitated, never duplicated..." I agree to the nth degree that DM was an incredibly odd choice for a Malcolm recast, but SM just always rubs me the wrong way, he seems incredibly fake to me.

• Members

I've been kind over the years but I can no longer continue to hold back.

This show is total and utter sh!t. It is so far down in the gutter, it isn't even funny. Unless you're a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) Billy Miller/Stacy Haiduk/Michael Muhney fan, the show is absolute garbage. It is disgusting how they've violated characters like Ashley and Sharon for no higher purpose whatsoever. When I tuned in & saw Adam slobbering all over Sharon, the chick who's baby he stole for no good reason, I was revolted and as a writer myself, I cannot think of a dramatic payoff worth mercilessly torturing these two women in this way.

Everything that did (and did not) happen in the P3/P4/P87 story sucked ass, save the return of Tricia Cast as Nina. My God, this Chance person is just an absolute waste and in no way embodies what a real, core Y&R character is about- THIS is Nina's son, Kay's great grandson, and Jill's grandson? Who are they trying to kid?

The Winters- Who Are They? Oh, you mean Lily's dad and deaf (but not really) foster brother. They're just there to support Lily in her quest to have a baby in the midst of undergoing intense chemotherapy for OVARIAN CANCER!!?!? ARE YOU FU*KING KIDDING ME???!?? THIS IS HOW THEY HANDLE AN OVARIAN CANCER STORYLINE!?!? They can suck my balls. Seriously.

I am over it. Done. Finished. Until there is something worthwhile on that show, I'm over it. Until they give me some Jill, some Dru, some cohesive storytelling that makes sense, cat fights, characters CONFRONTING one another like they used to EVERY day. Characters on Y&R used to have balls, they generally didn't sneak around fu*king with people behind their backs- Nikki and Diane and Ashley and Jill and Nina and Brad and Jack and Victor and Katherine and Victoria and Drucilla and John and Mamie- they'd tell it to your fu*king face if they had an issue with you and have it out, no matter who you were. Those days are long gone and I'm afraid they're not coming back and never will. The show has been stripped of it's identity and that very identity is what compelled me to watch Y&R from 1993-2005. Watching it being ripped apart has been painful the last 4 years, but there was always enough of a glimmer of it's old self here & there to keep me watching, hoping things would get better.

But it's over. The Y&R I know & love is gone and it's not coming back. The sh!t show they're producing right now ain't the least bit worth my time.

• Members

Well said!

I do wonder whether Stacy Haiduk fans really enjoy any of this story or not.

Mark, doesn't this make it even more pathetic that the show has no idea how to write for the characters you mentioned? Billy jumps through hoops -- the only constant is Billy Miller pulling faces. Adam has been completely destroyed. Cane is an afterthought. Kevin and Amber have become unwatchable. Daniel is pointless. Jana is pointless. Lily has become some sort of bad cross between Nicole Richie and an Oscar Micheaux film.

If this is the future, then what does it say about the people in charge of Y&R?

• Members

To me both Cane & Lily together or separate are an after thought. I still believe because CK is a weak actress. When she first came back CK was heavily feature along with Cane. I remember people was complaining why they showing Lame so much. We get it they love each other. Once TIIC saw that she was weak they show them less & less. They show them a few times more then TSJ & Devon. But that's not saying much.

Scobbies doesn't make any sense. No comment on Adam. The only person they are truly writing for is Billy.

Archived