Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R is like every show now in terms of having a limited future. They're no longer laying the groundwork for 5, 10, 15 years of story down the line. There's no next generation of story or characters to carefully prepare for. These shows are just trying to sustain themselves as long as possible, which to them translates to plot-driven, quick fix, "shocking" stories involving the young set that "will change things forever" (however long forever might be) in an effort to command the 18-49 viewers, their bread and butter. It's sad to say, but TPTB could care less about preserving history or doing character-driven storylines. They're doing what they can to buy them as much time as possible and you really can't blame them. Yeah, it sucks but that's the reality of it unfortunately.

• Members

Actually, I'd say they want to get cancelled as soon as possible. It really seems that way to me. As if they're in a hurry.

And when they get a 3.9, it's as if they're saying Oh, man! These id!ots keep watching!!! What kind of bull do I need to throw at them for these damn ratings to drop?!?!?

• Members

Why should they?

Entitled fanbases disregard the same things ALL the time.

Victoria would NEVER date JT let alone MARRY him but it's ok because it makes JToria fans happy.

Billy would NEVER be a raging alcoholic but it lets Billy Miller chew scenery & makes Miller fans happy.

Michael would NEVER be BFF with Nicholas but it gives CLB more airtime & it makes CLB fans happy.

Nina would NEVER let Chloe have the last word but it keeps Chloe frontburner & makes the Hendrickson fans happy.

Lauren would NEVER tolerate Giggly Heffa's overreliance on Michael but it makes the Likey fans happy.

Neil & Devon would NEVER be ok with Cane slobbering over Lily but it props Goddard & keeps the minority males emasculated so it keeps the Lane fans happy.

Jack would NEVER marry a woman WHO LOOKS LIKE THE WOMAN WHO KILLED HIS NIECE & WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE HIS EX WIFE but it keeps Jack as a romantic lead so it keeps the Bergman fans happy.

...And on & on.

• Members

[!@#$%^&*] Y&R. I don't even understand why you keep torturing yourself with this trainwreck (any of you). I may not be as connected to the show as the rest of you (being a non-American), but this is just plain torture. Why do you keep doing this to yourselves? There are plenty of other shows. They don't deserve this much of attention.

• Members

I get that you think you're trying to shield who you think Katherine's offspring is, but unless they've got some big Tucker is transgendered storyline coming up for sweeps, everything you've mentioned was already shown on screen being performed by a male.

• Members

Loyalty is nice, but just as long as there are viewers like you, this regime won't go anywhere. You keep watching, but they don't listen (or maybe it's just all of those CBS executives sleeping on their jobs) to your pleas. I admire your courage. For awhile, I was sad to see what Y&R has become. I even liked MAB's few months, but right now it's just downright insulting. Why do they keep treating us like we're mindless people?

Thanks Alvin, it's nice to hear you compliment Vail for a change (even though it's purely look-wise). Damn, she's hot! (But that's just me!)

• Members

Oh, I don't have a Nielsen box, so I probably don't matter anyway and I usually watch online these days.

It's sad the state the show is in, but if we don't make our voices heard, how will change eventually happen at this show? Then again, not like this writing team cares much about integrity and the intelligence of their audience.

:lol:

• Members

Damn, now I seem to have insulted some people for watching Y&R. Sorry guys, maybe I just generally meant that I would never watch this stuff. I hope that you can find something enjoyable about this show, but I personally don't.

• Members

Maybe the Y&R people will want to take an idea from Days and make Sharon like Sami/Mother Goose who had so many children she didn't know what to do.

They really are getting rid of all things "Carlton" though even Brad's house. Abby is lucky she's not a Carlton by blood... :(

Archived