Y&R: Potpourri Thread 3

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True, Lily had a pretty bad introductory story, that Dru’s sassy nature being overshadowed by her supposed inability to control her daughter. Not only was CK extremely unbelievable as a rebellious teenage daughter, but you simply couldn’t be raised by Dru, and be that much of a pain in the ass. Dru would’ve killed her years ago.

Davetta Sherwood made Lily a lot more believable as being Dru's daughter. I wonder if CK still prays for Sherwood at night...

• Members

Davetta fit the backstory they gave to her. Those writers created Teen!Lily so it was their responsibility to cast an actress to fit the backstory THEY created. It bothers me that they cast Khalil who is so far off from a troubled teen involved with burn outs in Europe. I wouldn't even buy that airhead dating a bad boy. She'd get someone safe who can fawn over her and that she can control. Plus, Dru would tear her ass up. Now I could see Davetta with the bad boys and giving as good as she got.

Also that Abby spoiler is sick for this reason.

• Members

Davetta played the troubled teen who hung out with other troubled teens that came from the roughest areas in Paris.

CKLily seems like she hung out with Paris Hilton teens that was all about sex. I still believe Dru must have caught CKLily sex up a guy & some more guys waiting their turn in the living room.

• Members

Is Chance still on the show? I don't know why they brought him in. I think it was just to try to make us see how "edgy" Billy was and try to force some sort of tedious triangle with Billy and Chloe, but then like most Y&R stories now, that wasn't developed.

• Members

I remember reading how long it took to cast Chance and that they were moved to tears by John Driscoll's audition and yet nothing has translated on screen with him. I don't get what they are doing with Chloe and Chance. Have they had sex and if not why not?

Michael and Lauren were the last slow build couple, which is fine, but they actually flirted, had hand sex (no not a hand job) and always looked like they were ready to tear each other's clothes off before finally having sex after about 8 months of "being friends". With Chloe and Chance it feels like they are already a married couple who are beyond that exciting part of their relationship where they can't keep their hands off one another. Weird.

• Members

I think it's very sad what has happened to Chance. (Y&R historians, please correct me if I'm wrong) Wasn't Nina conciving Chance a big storyline in the 80's? Nina was trying to take Phillip away from Cricket so she decides to get him drunk and get pregnant. During her pregnancy didn't she and Cricket become best friends or was that after? I know that people are not carbon copies of their parents but Chance should be more exciting and have more life in him given who his mother and grandmother are. Not to mention that he's a freakin' Chancellor.

Unfortunately he has now taken Cane's place as the Gallant to Billy's Goofus. They tried to put him with Chloe without letting us know who he is. There was more intrest in a Chloe vs. Nina battle in the days of Nina vs. Jill than there was in Chance.

Another travesty is that Scotty Granger was only on this show for a year before being written out. As a baby he was apart of the original Shelia storyline and now his existence is barely acknowledged. While this show forces insta relatives at Micheal Lauren doesn't get to see her son. I would trade Ryder in for Scotty Granger in a heartbeat. (For some reason I have Scotty being played by Chad Brannen, I don't know why I just do.)

• Members

True. OTOH, I do believe we inescapably share at least some of our parents' traits (I know I inherited my mother's temper and father's stubbornness, lol!); so, for Chance to turn out to be as dishrag-dull as his dad, frankly, is no surprise to me. If anything, I question how P3 ended up so wishy-washy when 1) his own biological dad was very forceful, 2) his mother was, well, Jill, and 3) he'd spent his formative years away at boarding school, deprived of his mother's constant attention.

Archived