AMC: Monday January 4, 2010

• Members

Ryan/Erica. They give me the oogly booglies. I can only imagine the horror that must be on the faces of fans who haven't watched in years but are tuning in for the 40th anniversary. And to think, I was actually intrigued by the pairing. *Shivers with terror*

Kelly Ripa is just a pro. She just walked back into Pine Valley as if she never left. Easy, instant rapport with everyone.

Greenlee...ugh. Can't someone smother her with a pillow?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Frankie and Madison. They are my new squee couple. I love their scenes together. Frankie was so handsome in his suit.

It was wonderful seeing Hayley. Awww, she mentioned seeing Amanda and little porkchop. Trevor should be alive to visit his daughter, grandson and niece.

I couldn't stop laughing when Hayley was rolling her eyes at Adam and Annie kissing. Adam and Annie have sex? Ick. Annie looked gorgeous in her wedding dress. I love her hair and make up.

You have no idea how hard I was pleading for Ryan and Erica not to kiss. I cringed during their cloying toast, then I threw up in my mouth when they kissed. Whyyyy? Whyyyy? Greenlee needs to hurry up and get well so she can claim her annoying man.

• Members

The Hayley/Annie scenes seemed very true to Hayley's character. I had expected a lot of scenes with Hayley telling Adam what an awful father he is, like the old days, but since they already have JR for that role, I'm glad she didn't get that script.

It's a bit odd that she missed Stuart's funeral because she was in Australia. I think that was the same reason Opal missed her daughter Jenny's funeral. Australia must have some big feud going on with Pine Valley.

• Members

Nice article here about the 40th Anniversary and some photos that I don't think we've seen yet. Looks like they had a 40th Anniversary celebration around the time Kelly and Mark shot their scenes? :unsure: It just looks like La Lucci is wearing the same thing in the pics that she wore in today's episode.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/nancy_stadler/archive/2010/01/05/tube-tuesday-abc-s-all-my-children-celebrates-its-40th-anniversary-today.aspx

• Members

LOL Only two years or so after Colby who's what, 20 now?

They totally set up the possibility Max, as was hinted at, could come live with Adam or someone. I liked Adam's line about how everyone must seem different, or isn't really who they were when Hayley was there last, lol.

I thought it was a fun episode--I was hoping the actual festivities and returns would be over two days but I guess I can go with it being a setup. I was pretty sick of Hayley and Mateo when they left, but I admit I really loved having them (well Hayley, but even Matt) back. Sure they coulda had mentions like Hayley about her Uncle Porkschop being dead but I liked that she did ask about Amanda and her son, or Matteo coulda gotten mad that Julia didn't even GET a funeral (and since Kathy was Julia's for a year or so he's sorta an uncle?) But all that gets so complicated--they did a good job with that they could.

The Erica/Ryan scenes were nauseating I admit, and all the "experimental surgery/drugs" stuff from David was laugh inducing but I admit, despite myself I kinda loved the Greenlee scenes. I'm gonna regret admitting this, but it was that classic soap stuff that I dig.

• Members

Ryanica. :wub:

Surprisingly, I'm liking Greenlee this time around also. She's not as annoying. Though I hope the writers realize that Greenlee and Ryan are not a supercouple.

I want to see them explore a David/Greenlee coupling with a little bit of Erica, Ryan, and Jackson mixed in. It could get really good and messy. :D

• Members

The Greenlee scenes were good. I really understood her pain, when she found out that everyone thought she was dead still. It was so cliche and something that I've heard TONS of times on soaps, but I still liked it. RB did good in those scenes. The only thing I didn't like was how she couldn't feel her legs towards the end! Makes me think that she's going to be in that bed LONGER. I want this storyline to go a little quicker so she can get back to PV and raise hell over RyICKa.

This is so what I want the show to do. I think David and Greenlee have ton's of chemistry, and they have that connection with Leo. I'm so over Ryan and Greenlee and it upset's me that he's all she talks about! She hasn't mentioned Jackson or Kendall or anyone...just Ryan, ugh..

• Members

Agreed--hopefully the new writing team will see that Ryan and Greenlee are boring together and not the end game. I like the idea of David and Greens as well.

AllMyDays--I agree that I worried about the leg stuff--like HOW LONG WILL SHE BE IN THAT BED. That said if Pratt is still writing this story, for better and worse he doesn't like to drag out plots so maybe it won't be as endless as it could be. We'll see I guess.

I hope these early scenes are a sign of a darker less hyper Greenlee--she's gone through a lot, I'd like that to show. Not brooding endless dark but...

• Members

Where were the clips? I tuned in today to see the big 4-0, and all I saw was Haley. I remember watching the 15th, and didn't even realize there was even an anniversary. The best I think might have been the slumber party at Joe and Ruth's house where every single person ever on the show wound up there.

• Members

Dave and Greens would be tons more interesting than Rylee...I hope the scribes look into this soon

He dragged out that Stuart Murder mystery for 5 months, I think he got the idea that it was pathetic for him to wait that long, and as of late, a lot of things have been tied up. So your right, maybe it won't be as long with Greenlee. I hope.

Archived