Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

Aw, Karen! :( I wonder if she's helping develop the new Incredible Hulk series for ABC. I hope she's on to bigger and better things.

I wonder if she's helping develop the new Incredible Hulk series for ABC.

That would be AWESOME. She and Jill Sherman (Donner) were two of the previous incarnation's best writers.

Apparently, these were the messages she left to her fans/friends on her Facebook account:

After spending the better part of the past 17 years in and around Port Charles (13 to be exact) as a scriptwriter, co-headwriter of both GH and Port Charles, GH: Night Shift, and one minor side trip to Pine Valley, it's time for me to get o...utta town. At the end of this contract cycle, I'm moving on...and have much to look forward to. Keep your eye on this space for updates!!!

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement! I'll still be writing through December 5th (shows will air into March I think). It'll be a sad goodbye for me -- these are characters I've been close to for a very long time. After which, I'm very much looking forward to writing my own stuff, from my own heart, in my own time.

After which, I'm very much looking forward to writing my own stuff, from my own heart, in my own time.

Awesome! Can't wait to see what she does. I hope it's on TV. It's a shame she never truly got a chance to Head Write for a soap (her PC stint was way too short).

Not happened in credits yet:

GH: Karen Harris OUT :(

Anyone think this has to do with ABC cutting 20 episodes a year from each of their shows? I think she's still on the board with the WGA. Maybe she decided she wanted out to stick to her convictions or ABC canned her for having an opinion.

I'm more intrigued with what's going to happen with Kreizman & Swajeski. That is — if anything's going to happen at all? Given these dismal ratings etc.

So, Mike Stich is doing Y&R's N'awlins remote? :unsure:

Who said so?

But he did Paris, so this wouldn't be a stretch. Amongst those LA directors he's by far the one with the most location shoots under his belt, so a safe choice to get visually stunning material.

Who said so?

But he did Paris, so this wouldn't be a stretch. Amongst those LA directors he's by far the one with the most location shoots under his belt, so a safe choice to get visually stunning material.

I read it somewhere. Forgot the source.

But I wonder why they didn't go with one of their own directors for the shoot?

I read it somewhere. Forgot the source.

But I wonder why they didn't go with one of their own directors for the shoot?

Mike Denney usually does location work for Y&R (or in recent years Mr. Sally Sussman). Let's assume to Rauch's & Co. benefit that they just overlook their staff directors as as it comes to ex-Californian location shoot due to the hefty schedule back home at the studio which leaves little time to prepare such a big undertaking as to shoot out of CA...

However, I think it's just that Mike Stich has the best credentials for the various foreign B&B extravaganzas. He knows how to get a shoot done quick (also cheap?) and in stunning fashion. That's why they chose him for Paris and now for New Orleans.

How does one know who scripted a particular episode of a soap? All of the writers are listed daily on AMC, but I'm curious about certain episodes...Is there a place which lists the ACTUAL writers for any given episode?

TIA.

How does one know who scripted a particular episode of a soap? All of the writers are listed daily on AMC, but I'm curious about certain episodes...Is there a place which lists the ACTUAL writers for any given episode?

TIA.

SON has a forum section that has all the script writers and directors for episodes (of every soap) listed. It gets updated pretty frequently I think

http://boards.soapop...-and-directors/

SON has a forum section that has all the script writers and directors for episodes (of every soap) listed. It gets updated pretty frequently I think

http://boards.soapop...-and-directors/

Thanks! They only list one writer per episode, so basically one writer pens the whole script? Very interesting. So what do associate head writers like Lorraine Broderick do? Oversee the scripts?