2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her directing at Y&R is what's really missed. :)

Though, really, I think in soaps you often needs a hands-on EP in the booth to bring out the director's best week. Hence why Mike Denney isn't as impressive as he used to be on Y&R. I know JFP and Ed Scott were often in the booth with their directors, and that type of guidance really shows in a good way in the final product.

• Members

Do you think Brad will allow Ed Scott to shake up the B&B Production Team?

I really, really hope Kathryn Foster comes in to direct B&B. I really liked the three episodes she directed that aired last February. They ditched those ridiculous intros/go-betweens, and the staging seemed more focused on the action that was going on between Rick and Steffy. She actually made Rick and Steffy scenes more interesting!

I expect to see alot of name changes once Ed Scott settles into his chair.

• Administrator

She's been Assistant to the Head Writer since 2008. Before that she an Assitant to the Writers at ATWT in the early to mid 2000's. She's just getting the opportunity to write breakdowns here and there.

• Administrator

I hope Ed will give Kathryn a contract and get Mike Denney to occasionally direct.

How old is Christy Dooley? She's been with the show for over 20 years. Maybe he'll steal Marnie Saitta from DAYS and Noel Maxam too?

Archived