2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Figures Bloom would find a way to get him to Y&R. I wonder of it's contract or just freelance work.

Rauch's cycle just passed in August, so if he has 26 week cycles, January/February should be the month to look at if Y&R chooses to make a change.

• Members

It seems really stupid and just weird that they're short on directors and choose to hire New York based directors? :huh:

You'd think they'd hire directors who are LA based, like Foster, and avoid having to pay for both plane tickets and whatever they're paying these directors. There's probably more to the Goutman story, I think Bloom wants to hold on to him, and Maria being all for "names" in the industry, whether they're good or bad, agrees with it.

• Members

Well, it's no different than, say, Shelley Curtis flying out to NYC to direct a single episode of All My Children here and there... or Danielle Faraldo flying out to LA to direct a few GH episodes.

Of course, filtering it through the prism of little information, kind of somewhat educated speculation and a whole lot of assumption, it can turn into anything you want.

With that said, directors embrace new creative challenges, too.

• Members
Goutman didn't "destroy" Another World. Another World was destroyed before he got there. At least the poor guy tried to do SOMETHING to save it after PGP and NBC pissed on it for years.

Nope. I want Kathryn Foster at B&B.

AMC: Casey Childs OUT!

Y&R: Casey Childs IN!

• Members

I can't help not noticing the recurring theme with CBS lately...."cost cutting" especially with those shows they do not own and are not doing so well. Even Les Moonves is weighing in on all of this now because he has no choice but to do so. I expect them to be looking at even more cost cutting for Y&R and that in turns means more cost-cutting for Sony to do.

Y&R maybe the #1 soap but I get the feeling they are not as #1 in the heart of CBS as they were before, so they are going to strip their budget and use it elsewhere at CBS where the company can make a profit. MAB was brought in to make the show better, improve ratings and viewership...she was expected to be much much much better than LML was and in some ways she is but in most cases she is a lot worse. She and others acts as if CBS can't do without Y&R well in fact they can and will if they had to.

I think of CBS like Wal-mart, Wal-mart doesn't make their own products but they sure as heck can control how manufacturers make and price their products. And nowadays so many people are trying to get their wares on CBS because they are such a powerful and proven network.

Archived