2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great news about Michael Eilbaum landing the OLTL directing gig; i was just noticing how mature and even his ATWT episodes are as are Maria Wagner's. The old school behind the scenes people know how to do it. I know it's all the rage to hire these young ones like Habib, Phideaux, Zetna..etc. but soaps are not music videos.

And Kudos to David Smilow who wrote two of the best ATWT scripts in a long time. The Tues/Thur episodes last week (9/7 and 9/9) were beautifully written by him. I hope he lands a gig on another show. Y&R could use male dialog writers.

Susan Dansby deserves honorable mention for her scripts this summer too. They were excellent...she should go to AMC.

• Administrator

B&B:

- Adam Dusevoir last listed as Coordinating Producer on September 9

- Mark Pinciotti last listed as Production Coordinator on September 9

- Mark Pinciotti first listed as Associate Producer on September 13

- Edward J. Scott first listed as Producer on September 13

• Members

Hmmm...AW ...ATWT director now at OLTL....I have a feeling we will see more from ATWT on OLTL. I am sure Goutman will appear in the credits soon as Director...mark my words.

Eh...I didnt particulary care for Elibaum directing on AW or ATWT. He is average at best. Habib is just as capable as Elibaum. Maria is the best and the last long running director ATWT had left. David Smilow script on Tuesday was good. It did have me crying but I think he could have made the script even better.

I have a feeling Susan Dansby will go to OLTL too.

Archived