Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

I hate the way the writers have taken away Sharon's intellegence. Nick sounds like a jerk everytime he tries to protect Sharon, but we all know that he is right about Adam and that just depresses me. I can't see Nick as the knight in shinning armor, he's more like a caveman with really bad hair. The one good thing about Adam is that he pisses Nick off. I would love to think of this as karma for Nick being with Phyllis, but I can't. Nick will always have the higher ground when it comes to Adam.

About tomorrow's show:

Note: This is based on the previews and summaries I have read about the episode. Something could happen in tomorrow's episode to make my comment completely pointless.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know her hair and look is very over the top, but Bregman is very good when given decent material. Not only was she very successful over on B&B, but Michael and Lauren were legitimately the [!@#$%^&*] when Jack Smith was writing. Yes I know he wrote the Sheila story, but then they had personalities and were actually interesting. When LML took over and even now they're far too supporting and we never get to see them. It's always about someone else. It bugs me when MAB plays flashbacks of her times with Traci and acknowledges that history with Traci, Brad, etc., yet it's not reflected in the Lauren we see. She needs to be a mover and shaker in Genoa City. Fenmore's is in the same mall that the Jabot kiosk is in so why not play her in the Jabot business stories? Imagine bitchy Business!Lauren vs Ashley and Traci at Jabot. Hotness. Ashley what is this funky rotted fish concoction you've come up with? I also think she's more viable for romances than some of these other hoes. I could see her pulling off a May-December romance. I'd even go as far as to say Noah/Lauren = Dynamite. Or even Kyle. I could see Lauren doing that, feel no guilt and infuriate everyone.

• Members

I'm going to duck down while going waaay out on my short limb here and say that --he wasn't that bad.

Yes, you could see that he was really trying (something certain other actors on the show haven't done in a long time) and he looked somewhat nervous. I'd be nervous too if the entire veiwing audience for this show seemed to want nothing more then to see me fail.

I think that if Darius tries really hard to be his own actor NOT try to be Shamar, he might be fine. So far I liked his Malcolm's interaction with Neil. Give me a C-O-N-F-L-I-C-T and more of it.

Now if only the writers were up to the task of writing a dy-no-mite storyline that would do some justice for the Winters, I'd be a happy camper.

• Members

I saw parts of today's Canadian feed. I'll watch in earnest tomorrow at 12:30 on CBS. Did any other Canadians notice the more than usual vibrant colours? It was like watching Leave Her to Heaven without the reason to watch.

Should I have spoilered that last comment?

• Members

Those who hate this current incarnation of Billy Abbott and hate "special one off episodes" on soaps should probably skip tomorrow's US episode...

I know I found it terribly lame and the acting a let down...

I don't understand why they're making this thing a yearly tradition, Y&R used to ignore crap like this, and to devote a whole hour to Billy of all characters, who appeared in more episodes than any other character this year? Please. :rolleyes:

At least last year when Michael got his own episode, he wasn't used very much and had no active storylines. The River crap was backburner by then and rushed though.

I'll admit, I've never liked these one-off episodes on soaps, but if tomorrow's US episode is an attempt to build sympathy for the Billy character, it failed to me...

• Members

Also, I don't know what to think of Darius as Malcolm so far. I get the sense he's trying, but he's sooooo miscast and young for the role that it's hard to take him seriously.

I'm not even going to blame the casting director for this. The producers have to OK every actor that gets cast, and if Maria or Rauch couldn't see how miscast he is for this role, then this was their horrible agenda from the get go, at the expense of the show's integrity and its fans...

• Members

WHAT THE F.UCK?!?!? Jack and Emily are engaged this fast? Seriously?!?! WTF?

First Adam and Sharon get married 5 minutes after getting serious, and now this?

Why does this writing team insist on treating its viewers like idiots and half-assing all these stories? Perhaps if more time and care were devoted to them, they wouldn't be this bad.

This show sucks and it's really sickening to see how far it's fallen.

• Members

After all the snarky comments about Darius taking over the role of Malcolm, I thought this thread would be alive with chatter about his performance. I watched Y&R to make my own judgment. I like what Darius brings to the role. I particularly enjoyed Malcolm's confrontation with Neil. I cheered when he told Neil, "the point is I am here now." Neil's self-righteousness has always gotten on my nerves. Darius is a physical powerful man in stature. He may not be as handsome as Shemar, but he is a nice looking guy and I absolute love his voice. I look forward to seeing more of him because I think that he will very good in a couple of months.

Lily is in the hospital because of a hangnail? LOL!

Jack proposes to Emily so quickly. Sharon marries Adam. There must be something in the Genoa City water.

What is up with Nickolas' hair?

Archived