Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alvin... tell me now, be truthful... was your misspelling of "episode" in your post to "pisode" a freudian slip? :lol:

I agree that this is no emmy winner. It was tolerable. And that's about it. The biggest issue I had with it is that they had a supposedly 100 year old Katherine at Delia's wedding, and she looked no different! And this whole idea that Billy doing things to even the score with people who have screwed him is SO HORRIBLE that his own FAMILY won't forgive him? When Jack f@cked his father's wife? He got forgiven for that. Jack spent his entire adult life trying to get even with Victor, and his family still forgave HIM. And all this is pinned on him writing some magazine article exposing Victoria's affair? If the bitch hadn't had the affair, there would have been NOTHING TO WRITE. I actually side with Billy on most of this. And John Abbott lecturing him from the grave... YES, JOHN.. EVERYONE SHOULD BE LIKE YOU, just roll over and let Victor Newman screw you over and over and over again and keep coming back for more. Yeah, right. That's Right, John... Victor killed 3 of your grandchildren and stole your life's work, but BY ALL MEANS still respect him, go right ahead and keep smilin.

• Members

I hate these ghostly visits from John and I hate the supernatural aspect that's been instilled on this show by Latham and now these regime. One of Latham's biggest mistake was killing off John Abbott. They should have only done that when Jerry Douglass was ready to retire or if he died in real life.

The Abbott's haven't been the same since John died, they lost their center and patriarch for no good reason. Maybe Traci could fill his void, but that would require these hacks to give her a contract and stop using her as an all-out prop.

It was an honest typo, but I would have good reason if it were a freudian slip. :lol:

• Members

I cringed every time Billy contemputously called his father "old man." Billy Miller's lack of connection with family rang through. He treated John like an annoyance, not the father he once loved. Those who run the show now may believe that Billy was raised by wolves because Jill dumped him in the desert right after birth, but John raised Billy his entire childhood and Billy adored him.

• Members

Can someone refresh my memory. I thought both John and Jill raised Billy as a child. She was a good mother. Then they got divorced and John was awarded custody. I know Victor threatened Jill if she didn't drop the fight for custody. That's what led to her being the prime suspect in Victor's shooting. Then John and Billy moved to New York where he was raised for several years. Traci, Colleen and Steve live in New York too so it's not like he was without family. I'm going to assume Jill visited him since she was always a part of his life before.

Is that mostly correct? Where are they getting this stuff from? He wasn't in boarding school and he loves his father. His relationship with Jill by now has long been mended as well. Parents get divorced all the time and one gets primary custody. That doesn't mean the other is the devil. These writers are sick.

• Members

This writing team doesn't understand any of the fundamental dynamics on this show as far as I can see. Especially the family dynamics, I've never seen the family aspect of this show as dire as it is presently.

This writing team needs to admit that they don't get this show already, and stop the arrogance, as if the fans are always to blame because we won't put of with nonsensical crap and total disregard for the past of these characters.

I guess we're to blame for why relationships turn into marriages/engagements in two weeks time, too? :rolleyes:

• Members

That sounds right, though you could sense he wasn't that close to Jill when he returned during his Junior year of high school in the the form of David Tom, but they still had a relationship. Billy adored John though.

But remember, Billy also swore off alcohol after his near death experience, and that's been completely ignored and characters act as if that never happened. :rolleyes:

Maybe they're consciously trying to rewrite Billy's past to suit their agendas, in fact, that's exactly what they're doing.

• Members

I have a feeling members of this writing team are reading this board, AS USUAL, and they'll eventually insert something about Billy's near death experience regarding his alcohol use, when it'll be too late, as usual.

I really don't understand how they could overlook that. It was a fundamental part of the character and his experience on this show.

• Members

More than anything this reminded me of that godawful gimme an Emmy "what if BJ hadn't died" episode of GH last year.

That's what Y&R has become. A show that hates or ignores its own history and can only serve up the hammiest, most tic-filled actors. Maurice Benard will probably find a home here if GH ever dumps him.

I think they probably believe real men don't have a problem with alcohol.

Don Draper would see these men as male chauvinist pigs...

• Members

Someone mentioned to me that Kevin is the last person Billy would want Mac to marry and run Restless Style, but Kevin(and even Nictoria) still felt unneccesary in this episode to me.

If I had not known the relationship between John and Billy, I would have thought that John was some random guy.

Now the show remembers that Chloe was Billy's stalker.

The best moment for me is when Billy silently screamed into a window as dramatic music played in the background.

• Members

That's easy to forget as Kevin and Billy very rarely interact, and we've never heard Billy saying anything about Kevin being his last choice as to who Mac would marry, or why he would even think about Mac marrying Kevin, when Kevin is so committed to Jana. I agree, that felt unnecessary, as did Nick and Victoria.

As I said earlier, I really hope the end of this episode isn't hinting at a Billy and Victoria relationship in 2010. How many women have to be thrown at Billy? Chloe and Mac are already hung up on him, isn't that enough? I also see no chemistry there, and Billy and Victoria are so mismatched.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived