Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

I don't find that aspect strange at all. Traci's an intelligent and sympathetic woman, so I imagine her feeling pity that Patty stole Emily's face. I can imagine Traci looking at Emily as someone who she can identify with.... a fellow victim of Patty. But like I've said before, this whole Emily thing would have came off alot better if they had put Haiduk into some big hair and tinted contacts.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I don't think someone should have to deal with guilt by association just because they look like a psycho. That's ridiculous. I love Billy, but I thought he looked like a complete ass when he was treating Emily badly just because Patty looks like her.

Now I do think the pace at which this Emily/Jack relationship is progressing is awful. Even if the excuse for rushing it is a switch, there is no reason they can't do that story next fall sweeps, after viewers actually care about Emily and her relationship to Jack.

I sure hope so.

• Members

At the same time it's really weird for Jack's whole family to be ok with such a uncomfortable situation especially at the pace it's going.

It would be one thing if Jack/Patty were together 6 months to a year & the family slowly accepted her but everyone immediately liking her when she looks just like Colleen's kidnapper/murderer is creepy.

• Members

If they think this episode is going to win Billy Miller an Emmy, like last year's episode did for LeBlanc, they're really mistaken. Too many annoying tics and Miller's usually over the top antics like his teeth exposure were apparent throughout the whole episode.

Also, I doubt the Y&R cast would pre-nominate Miller anyway...

And again, why is the hair and wardrobe better in these fantasy sequences than they are in real time on this show?

Couldn't we hav gotten an normal NYE episode? Yeah, it might have sucked too, but the last thing we needed was an episode devoted to Billy Abbott/Miller, who ate up lots of airtime this year.

Archived