Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You would be one to talk about immaturity, given the way you just posted to me.

And last I checked, I'm wearing boxer briefs. We can't all be self-righteous, unsexed queens wearing Victoria Secret knockoffs from Wal-Mart.

That dress was so Vanna White circa 1988. Leftover wardrobe the show couldn't take with them when they moved out of Television City?

SUUUUUUURE.

Thank you. You suck. The end.

Again, you see how this looks? You guys start in, per usual with your rude comments and then I look like the big bad wolf...

• Members

I liked Jill's green outfit, just because it was attention-getting and more in character for Jill than the frump stuff, but I wonder if they just got a cheap deal on material. Wasn't Amber wearing an outfit of green spangles too?

Sometimes I think Jill as currently written would be more along the lines of Brenda Dickson's talents. The campy feud with Katherine earlier this year, Jill working at the nail salon...you have to be larger than life to get through that garbage. Jess is a more natural actress and she just sold the shame of Jill filing nails. I am glad she did because that may be a reason they cut that awful story short, but it seems like they write Jill as if she's on her way to "Well hello".

• Members

It's kind of sad that an actor is so pigeonholed by one role, but this is going to be a hard sell for sure. I think maybe people could have taken him seriously in a new role, but having "Eddie Winslow" take over the iconic role of Malcolm Winters was asking for negative comparisons. I'm just trying to reboot the character in my mind.

As far as the Phyllis slap goes, I think it's time to retire the female to male slap. It's one of the things that really date soaps as coming from a completely different era.

• Members

Actually, he doesn't seem to have a big fanbase in the black community so I doubt a sitcom would work for him either. I do think if he were playing a new role it would be no problem. I'm sure he's a decent actor, but Malcolm? No way. Just like you couldn't recast Nikki with Erika Slezak and expect it to work. He should've just been Devon's father since they mentioned that story idea earlier in the year.

• Members

WTF is up with all these insta proposals/marriages for people that have only dated for a few weeks

Darius is trying too hard as Malcolm. That is not his voice and the way he speaks. He sound so fake. I hope he eases up on this as he gets more comfortable with the role.

• Members

It's that type of bad soap opera acting people unfamiliar with the genre tend to do. So he's miscast and he sucks. Winning combination!

I still don't understand who this woman is and why I should care about her. Say Andrea Evans played Patty still and Stacy Haiduk came on as Dr. Peterson, I bet it would be a total bust. This character sucks and her performance is flat. Not any actor can play duel roles and make it interesting. She also has no chemistry with Jack, something that was the same when she was playing Patty. Jack needs Dru or Diane, IMO.

Archived