Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So enjoying this plane crash. It is a galvanizing event that puts so much into perspective:

- Noah deals with another near-death of a family member (by now, it is EVERYONE [including himself] but JT...and even JT got bruised in Clear Springs)

- Phyllis realizes Nick will not shake his addiction to Sharon

- I'd be wondering if there was a common cause between the crashes of the two Newman jets...they never investigated the sabotage of Nick's jet properly

- we see insight into the man Adam wants to be -- confession in case he dies -- confiding his guilt to a comatose Sharon, but...FORTUNATELY...

- it seems Sharon has a concussion I suspect this means she will not remember the note...praise heaven! I really want this tale to build.

• Members

I don't personally see a need for Malcolm right now, nor this recast. I guess I do like the idea of Phyllis getting a talk-to who will "have her back"...except I think she already has that with Michael and Lauren.

That said, I'm not pre-judging. The creative team has clearly said they want to re-invent Malcolm to be closer to his intended roots (rough around the edges, from the other side of the tracks)...so I'm going along with it. I do wish, though, that they had considered making this a new character, since Shemar was so memorable (if primarily for superficial reasons) in the role.

• Members

Again, people bitching for the sake of bitching with no basis in what's actually occurring on the show.

Adam is not blind, he's just visually impaired, as the repeated POV shots prove. If he can read writing on a piece of paper he can certainly see a punch coming straight at him.

• Members

Whoah?! Who pissed in your Bran Flakes this morning, Scryber?

And why haven't they addressed that he is no longer blind instead of, like they have with everything else on this show(Sharon's blackouts, Phyllis going BSC a year ago, etc.), brushing it under the rug? Does he wear contacts? Why isn't he wearing glasses?

With the way this show rolls, I'm surprised they remember Devon wears a hearing aid.

• Members

He never was blind. The doctor clearly stated that it's a degenerative condition that will continue to worsen until it eventually results in total blindness. The experimental treatment that may have reversed the condition won't work because Adam jabbed needles into his eyes.

That's the way they explained it and that's the way they've been playing it ever since. It's not MAB and company's fault if viewers aren't paying attention to the details, especially when it's one of the times the writers got it right.

As for my attitude, maybe I'm just tired of some people thinking their opinions are the only ones that matter. Just because someone posts 18 posts a day criticizing something, it doesn't make that person informed or correct. It just means they have more free time.

And, seriously, if you hate something so much that you need to spend all that time writing those 18 posts about how much you hate it, maybe it's time for a New Year's resolution to find a better hobby that you can enjoy instead of one that fills you with bile and pettiness. (That's a general 'you' by the way and not a specific 'you'.)

Archived