Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

No re-cast in the world will change Malcolm or bring him closer to his roots, only good writing ( something sorely lacking on Y&R) will do that.

At this stage of the game, Malcolm SHOULD BE PISSED. Several things have happen to his child ( a storyline that should have been but never was IMO addressed in a coherent manner), and his brother ( can we say the Tyra mess without gagging).

If the reason for bringing Malcolm back is so that he can do battle with a nearly middle-aged ex-con man/cattle rustler from Australia who is actually his son-in-law, or to be a listening/sounding board for Giggly Heffa, then, hopefully he'll only be in town until the end of the week.

If Malcolm is still a photographer-- then let working for Restless Style (where he eventully befriends Billy Abbott who needs a friend with balls) be the reason for his return. The both of them going bananas would be a hoot. Then there's Devon ( who could/should be a younger version of Malcolm) who deperately needs a s/l if he's going to stay on the show. Malcolm could play a role here which should fry Neil's grits.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excuse me?? But I pay attention to detail. When he was trying to f u c k Rafe...he kept using his hands..etc...to find his way through the damn Newman Ranch. Now he is walking like any normal person without any guidance. Of course how he did all the nasty stuff to Ashley while his eyesight was getting worse is still hard to understand.

Thinking back.....he was worse off(could see even less) when he was in Jail than he is now....LOL.

• Members

Back in jail is when he was injecting his eyes, the blinding effect of which was temporary.

He then played up the situation for sympathy when he got to the ranch. He was feeling around for furniture when there were people in the room; when there wasn't anyone around, he was slipping off his ankle monitor and climbing out the window.

His vision is worse now than it was at that point, but he's still nowhere close to blind.

• Members

What does that even mean, that they want him rougher around the edges? Is this going to be like their idea of street life with Tyra, Ana, and Ana's mother? Is Malcolm going to start talking about pimps and hos? It sounds like another degrading stereotype.

I thought Shemar Moore always did a decent job of reminding people that Malcolm was not from the elite.

If they want edgy then I don't know why they cast Eddie Winslow.

• Members
Adam, via his POV was CLEARLY going blind. Even after jabbing needles into his eyes! You mean to tell me that one moment, he can see clearly now the rain is gone and the next he can't?! What the hell kind of sense does that make?!

Well, by your own admission, you weren't paying attention to the story details either if you ignored that Adam was so blind that he needed a braille keyboard or had to call out character's names to see if it was them. Even if he was faking his blindness or not as worse off as he made it out to be, all of a sudden, the characters have completely forgotten this?

And having a bad day or reading something you disagree with doesn't entitle you to be a complete and total tool to the "Don't Like Y&R" faction. You really need to chill the eff out.

And you criticize people for posting 18 posts a day. 18 posts, 5 posts, 2 posts. What the hell difference does it make? Especially since you, yourself, are posting. Looks like you "have more free time as well."

How 'bout you get out your mirror and say that in your reflection. You are one to talk about "bile and pettiness" with the crap you've been pulling.

I'm sick of you Y&R fanbitches and all of you critics who try to play hall monitor, make your snide comments, and then cry to Toups and the moderators when someone bites back and the sh!t gets too tough to handle.

How about honoring your OWN New Year's Resolution Scryber?!

• Members

Hasn't Adam mentioned that he's been successfully driving and navigating the Newman Ranch at night though? He's not blind, but he's doing things with his impaired vision that he shouldn't successfully be doing and getting away with. No way I can buy someone like that driving or knowing their way around a big estate at night being allowed to do all this.

If you're tired, then don't read it. Everyone is free to state what they want to state in this thread, and they're certainly not going to change to suit anyone's agenda.

And who the hell are you to tell people what to do with their time? Just like most of your posts, you seem to like assuming a great deal about people and displaying "petty" attacks. I know for a fact a lot here grew up on this show and are attached to it, no matter how bad it gets. We just keep hoping things will get better, but we still watch, out of habit and loyalty.

If you don't like the "bitching" then don't read it, but you continue to, so whose fault is that? It's not like you ever contribute much to these threads anyway. If you have problems with posters, take it up with them via PM, and leave the personal crap off the threads.

• Members

Scryber, I'd like to know your opinion on what happened to Adam. One minute he's just a fairly normal soap character, doing anything to get ahead, getting revenge on those who've wronged him. The next he's torturing an innocent woman who was nothing but a friend to him, causing her to lose her baby, disposing of it in the fireplace and then continuing to torture her until all of a sudden stopping when the baby is born and focusing on Sharon? What was his motivation in this storyline?

Archived