Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look here, why don't you just cool your damn jets. Your immaturity is showing. I've certainly not been pleased with this show by any means lately... but I can keep perspective and admit when something works, and then also call it out when something don't. Scryber's point was totally accurate. When Adam was in jail, he was injecting his eyes (Wasn't it botox?) and was virtually totally blind. When he got out, he still injected for a while (Remember him hiding the syringe box under the bed?) an then, when he finally stopped, SOME of his vision returned, but not all of it. So now he is left with this tunnel vision. And this thing DOES exist... people with Glaucoma have it. So this is one thing the show has not screwed up on. Why don't you just pull your soiled panties out of the crack of your ass and get over the fact that not EVERY SINGLE thing this show does is wrong?

Now... back to the GOOD STUFF. What Posessed the wardrobe people to put Jess in something PRETTY for once? I LOVED her Emerald green outfit the last couple days, it's about time she quit dressing like a frumpy housewife!

• Members

I thought the green dress was too 80's for Jill, those sequins. :lol:

I don't know what's happened to Jill's wardrobe over the past 8 years or so, she went from being one of the most stylish women on the show, to being dressed as if she buys everything from bargain bins.

Hell, I'd like to know what happened to the wardrobe department at this show overall, the characters on OLTL are dressed much better, and I know they don't have the budget Y&R has...

B&B, a soap set in the fashion world mind you, also has some appalling taste in wardrobe, IMO...

• Members

Ummmm...when we were told that some of his vision returned??? Cause I missed that memo....lol... Adam's non blindness..blindness doesnt wash with me. He was worse off during the gaslighting of Ashley and now all of sudden he is better because he stop putting needles in his eyes?? The doctor said it would get worse...and not better.

The green dress had the Brenda Dickson feel to it ..didnt it....LOL

• Members

Adam has impaired vision, he shouldn't be able to operate machinery (like a car, which he's talked about), or know his way around the Newman Ranch at night, which he's done a few times.

He was never blind in that sense that he couldn't see anything at all, but his vision is isn't very good or even adequate, which still makes it difficult to believe how he's able to get around all of Genoa City by himself.

They've shown at times the way Adam perceives the outside world with his eyes, and yeah, with that kind of vision, it's hard to believe how he's able to get around at all far from the Newman Ranch...

Adam might not technically be blind, but legally, in most states, he would be classified as being legally blind, which most with tunnel vision fall into. People with this distinction definitely shouldn't be driving or walking around big estates late at night. How is he able to travel around town? I really haven't noticed. He has a driver, right? If that's the case, it should be mentioned regularly so confusion isn't caused to those who skipped episodes, or those who are picking up the show now.

He also seemed to have no problems proofreading all the documents Nick gave him at Newman, or reading text messages with his "impaired vision"...

:lol:

She would have owned the hell out of it though.

• Members

Oh, I loved it... I didn't think it was 80's... if it had shoulder pads, well then you'd have a point. Watching that Christmas 2003 episode brought alot of that home, how bad the hair and wardrobe is now. Just the difference in Sharon Case's hair alone is HUGE. They'd do better to just fire all the hair and makeup people, don't cut the actors' salaries, and let them do their OWN hair and makeup. Jeanne Cooper wears her own clothes, and she's the only one who looks good. And I know what you mean about B&B, I remember Brooke on the beach in her "It's not NICE to fool mother NATURE" gown.

• Members

Huh? It's not a spoiler Toups, just my speculation. LOL!

For all I know, it could turn out not to be the case, which I'd like, since I think it's pretty predictable if it turns out to be Tucker.

I haven't read any sopilers about this story, but piecing it together, it seems obvious that Tucker might be Katherine's lost child, and it was no coincidence that he gets tangled into Katherine and Jill's lives as Jill starts to search for Katherine's "lost daughter."

• Members

I think producers like Ed Scott and David Shaughnessy really cared about the aesthetics on this show, right down to how the actors/characters were dressed, their makeup, and their hair. Since the Latham era to now, these aesthetics have deteriorated in a very bad way, I think these current producers don't place much effort into making things look beautiful, or beautiful to the extent things were before. Sometimes it's too distracting how things have fallen, but if the stories were honestly good, I probably would care less.

• Administrator

I'm sorry. It's just that I know you read spoilers so when you "speculate", I'm thinking, "Is that speculation based on spoilers?" And I know in the Stephen Nichols thread, you said there was some "obvious" stuff about Russ. I'm just paranoid, especially when people who read spoilers speculate. LOL

Anyway, when Eddie Winslow showed up and Neil said, "Malcolm," I laughed. :lol:

• Members

Couldn't be further from the truth. If her being on the show was that important to me, I wouldn't still be watching. June-October sucked because of Phillip's return, the unnecessary killing of Zapato and the art story, among other things.

THANKYOU! Finally, someone said it.

Archived