Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course you are. But personally I don't think Y&R is bad at all right now. The show went through a very dark and disturbing patch from about June to October this year (and even that wasn't entirely unwatchable), but I believe the show has gotten out of that rut and is slowly getting back on track. Is it perfect? Of course not. Are there still issues that need to be addressed? Hell yeah. But it's nowhere near the trainwreck everyone makes it out to be.

But I know it's unheard of to praise the current regime on this board and I'll probably be raked over the coals for it, so that's all I'll say.

• Members

But what are you praising? I don't think it's the worst thing on earth, but it's so dull and boring. It's unwatchable, IMO. What are the standout stories I'm supposed to be glued to? I see characters scattered that I like (who are rarely featured), but I can't think of one story that is WOW or properly executed. It's just very mediocre.

• Members

Lauren believes that Daisy has no family and nowhere to go for Christmas after getting caught in a lie that she was staying in the school dorms which were closed for the holiday break. Eden started out not liking her because Daisy is Abby's friend and Eden hates all thing Abby but she's grown to distrust her on her own merits, which shows that Eden has good instincts because Daisy keeps lying.

We don't know the full Ryder story other than he's Daisy's brother and has a mother that's been pulling strings in Genoa City for months. And it seems that he's the fall guy for the Lauren messing because it sure looks like Daisy's actually doing it.

Nick basically told Phyllis that Sharon is still his drug and he needs Phyllis' help to fight the addiction. Which earned him a big ol' slap. Personally, I think she should have kneed him in the groin.

• Members

Miller is a very much so a capable actor. His biggest problem is, as prior mentioned, he is so disconneted in many scenes. Yes I get Billy is self indulgent but you can't sell even the anti-hero aspect of the character without showing that characters heart where it is necessary. Besides that the character is horridly written

• Members
What makes you so sure?

You've been praising Y&R(and B&B for that matter) consistently since you joined the board. I think the reason why June-October sucked so much for you is because of the controversial firing of an actress.

You've been critical of Y&R, but only on a superficial level. Rarely do you mention anything in terms of things like characterization, story, logic, etc. The same goes for your praise. It's all superficial.

And FYI Mods, this is not harassment. Again, I am just expressing my opinion.

Archived