Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

I dont get why Pati is even still on the show. Are they trying to redeem her and reintegrate her into the show? That cant be the case bc if so, then what is the purpose of Emily? The show is extending a horrible story way past its expiratino date here

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that is why this 'relationship" is being so rushed. Just to get to the Emily/Patty switch. It is very plot driven just like the Sharon and Adam relationship. I wonder why they had Phyllis show up again at Jack's. Phyllis and Nick are done now. They have set up the scenerio that Phyllis hates Emily, so maybe they will revisit that. I wouldn't mind Diane and Kyle coming back and they need another teen male, but I don't see them doing that right now.

• Members

Patty and Emily are on the show because they love Stacy H and created this story to keep her around. Who cares if Jack looks like a sap who is so in love with the idea of love that he is ready to commit to any woman even one who looks exactly like the psycho who raped him. Beyond the switch I don't know how they will keep her around. Emily is a bore and even though both actors are really trying I can't see Jack and Emily as long term.

Being the Lauren and Michael fan that I am, I love all the romantic scenes they are sharing but I can't help but notice the ominous music they seem to be playing in the background and they are even more in love and happy then they usually are. That usually means some tragedy is heading there way.

I hope MAB is not dumb enough to kill off Lauren and that they actually have some twist here and that the person after the Baldwins is not Sheila. I feel caught between a rock and a hard place since I don't like the story they are in now with them being dumbed down so they can be manipulated by a 18 yr old Daisy played by a barely adequate actress, but I also don't want them relegated to the back burner again for months or even worse Lauren killed off.

• Members

And that will be a disaster and if MAB can't see that she is hopeless. That would be it for me. If she writes off Tracey Bregman to prop Phyllis and to give Michelle Stafford a story after Phyllis and Nick implodes while she keeps adding lousy actors and promoting chemistry free and even sick pairings than she has no understanding of her characters or the talent she is in charge off.

Archived