OLTL: Discussion for the week December 14

• Members

Khloe and Kourtney? If they showed up anywhere it would be Llanview.

Khloe: I'm getting married.

Kourtney: I'm having a baby!

Khloe/Kourtney: No, I am!

Kim: I have a sex tape. Everybody watch, even though it's wrong. What do you mean it's boring???

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Kim K. is undeniably attractive and I hate that because I absolutely cannot stand everything she stands for. Sold her ass/soul (same thing?) to the devil.

Though I'm totally against the idea of aping their clan on OLTL, it would be yet another great step in today's OLTL to see a family of their background on a soap.

• Members

I totally agree with you about JvD's version of Clint. His transition from good Clint to bad ass Clint has been slow paced and methodical and starts at the sobering moment of Asa's death. He also helps fill the massive void left by Asa and these types of stories(fighting over women with Bo) are exactly how the Buchanan boys were introduced to us. In essence, Clint has become a younger version of Asa without the money hungry drive for more power and riches. I loved Clint Ritchie and his version of Clint will always be "it" for me but I must say I do like this version as well. It's logical and helps fill a hole in the canvas. JvD helps also by being a wonderful actor who never tried to imitate and or copy Clint Ritchie's performance.

• Members

Kim also looks a lot like some of the women on British soaps, Amira on Eastenders (a prettier version of Amira). They are more integrated in Asian/South Asian characters on British soaps, and often do a decent job with them.

I think they've done a good job of bringing Kim in, and I like her more when she's away from Stacy and when she's more mysterious and less of the wacky comic stuff. OLTL does "woman of mystery/woman with an edge" well, or did in the past. I think Kim could be like a more junior league version of Carlo-era Alex Olanov.

• Members

Oh man, after Dorian/Viki, Alex was my favorite female character back in the '90s, she was a HOOT. I like the promise of Kim, and I wonder how CH feels about her character's bff kind of stealing her spot. I would totally be down with her getting knocked up by Clint, I think Kim could be a LOT of fun vs. Jessie and Nat.

Don't get me wrong, I like JVD's Clint, there's just something a touch more "to the manor born" about his portrayal of Clint, not as cowboy rough and tumble. Just an observation. His Clint definitely has a better command of his emotions.

• Members

I loved the Carlo-era Alex because she was fun but also genuinely mad; you never knew how close the knife was going to go to the throat. Later on I think they overemphasized the comic part of the character, and then Carlo's return coincided with the dreary, assembly line Laiman/Passanante material.

I think Kim could be that way. Or after today I do. The stuff with Stacy and Schuyler and the other characters in that group did nothing for me, but the way she was with Nigel, threatening him, telling him she knows how to outlast him, that really got me. I have missed that type of fun/dangerous edge in women on the show.

Perhaps we can finally get that Blair/Tea affair. ;)

• Members

I'll say this though, if Kim ends up getting her role beefed up and turning the Bukes on their ears, I hope she stays a hellraiser. I am so tired of redemption. :P Stacy is just one of those characters I was never going to feel for. I like Kim for Kim, I mean, of course there will never be another Erica Kane, but I miss young women like that who kept their edge WELL into adulthood. I wasn't born when Secret Storm was on the air, but something interesting I read about the character Belle (Marla Adams) is that she was unusual in that she wreaked havoc not out of some deep psychological daddy-issue type hurt, but simply because she took pleasure in doing it. I think writers these days underestimate the thrill we get out of watching such characters, their "I don't give a [!@#$%^&*]" attitude is what we find endearing, perhaps a little living vicariously.

• Members

Destiny 's bitch ass got what she deserves. She thought everything was all fun and games but these were real people's lives she was messing with. She has a loud mouth and a nasty attitude. Im glad Dani rippted into her bc she's her behavior is not cute or cool and its about time someone put her dumb self in place

I feel nothing for Nora. She also got what she deserved

• Members

I need Destiny to do a beat down to Dani. That is not the Destiny I know and fell for. She had a back bone but now all of sudden is allowed to have a girl come into her face and yell and belittle her and not do anything but run away with her tale between her legs OH HELL NO!!!!. That is not Destiny and I did not like that because the girl i know would at least pushed her back or yelled back at her. I am so mad about this because I know my little girl who is the same size, hieght and weight as Desity would have knocked the girl to the grown because no one gets in her face like that and lives to talk about it and that is how I wanted Destiny to act or at least she did before they started propping Dani. This is so wrong on so many levels. I need Desitny to drop Matthew and move the hell on.

• Members

Destiny JUST found out that Danielle's father died. Proceeding to beating her down at that point would have made Destiny look like more of an insensitive bitch than she already was. Im glad she at least had the decency to fall back instead of staying there and antagonizing her more

Archived