OLTL: Discussion for the week December 14

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nigel was outed by the Gary Tomlin regime of 2002. Then for some insane reason, Malone made him straight. It was an absolutely horrible comic side story on top of his horrific main event with Mitch that torpedoed his second run. By comparison, Mitch's current run seems like an exercise in Hitchcockian restraint.

Kyle offers to "speed up [Nick's] release." Oooh, matron!

• Members

Nigel was hinted as gay long ago but he was ex-gayed when they put him with Roxy. He wasn't actually ex-gayed, but you know what I mean. Perhaps we'll see Nigel going to Exodus or something.

(Sorry, Vee already covered that)

Years ago they had a little joke where Delfina was freaked out by Dorian kissing her (as "Mel"). Clearly the sexual magnetism of Dorian had a lasting effect on Del ;)

• Members

I dont mind Delphina being gay as we dont really know much about her, but her and Amelia as ex lover just seemed like an unnesary WTF shock value moment. It came out of nowhere and things like this make it seem as if OLTL is trying despatley to come across as contemporary. The gay stuff isnt subtle at all but very much sudden and in your face, for lack of a better term. Makes it all look forced

Did they actually out him? I dont remember that. I remember that horrible story under Malone. He was hypnotized so I didnt take it as fact

Archived