OLTL: Discussion for the week December 14

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MichaelGL, I agree that she still dresses great, but I think she used to dress MUCH better. :)

You know, I've always been cool with JVD, but today for the first time I caught myself thinking things like "Clint wouldn't react like this" and such.

• Members

You didn't think that when he tried to have Langston thrown out of the country to go live with killers?

I don't see JvD's Clint as being what CR's Clint was, which I can understand, because he's not the same actor. I guess he's supposed to be like Asa, but I don't go with that either. I just think of him as a new character.

• Members

Danielle clowned the hell out of Destiny today. Her riot act was awesome. The angered intensity on Dani's face while she went off on her was so intense that it was almost scary. "Destiny Out" couldn't even respond to Danielle's verbal smackdown.

Loving Todd's new daughter. :P

And the Clint/Nora scenes were compelling too, I love how he didn't let her get away with anything and left her blubbering. Kim, meanwhile, is fast becoming one of the shows best characters. This was the best episode OLTL has had all month.

• Members

I guess I forgot about that, but I mean moreso in terms of the character's overall tone, it's like he's doing jackassy things that CR may have done, but with this snide (w)ussification of the character, I don't know if I'm explaining this well... I suppose I tend to think of him as a new character too, he's a perfectly good, charming actor and I like that Clint is there for his children, but yeah, the bite of a CR or a PC is not quite there for this Clint.

• Members

I tend to think of this Clint as going where the plot goes. I don't think most of what Clint's done since his return has been what Clint would have done, I don't mean loving his children, but I mean his romantic relationships, his behavior, his coldness. Clint Ritchie had a way of making strange writing choices work, because he knew the character.

If this is going somewhere interesting with Clint and Kim I'm looking forward to it, but I hope this isn't going to be like the horrible way he treated Langston, which ended in an "oops, never mind."

• Members

I think Clint's colder side since Asa's death has arisen out of necessity. After running from his father's throne in his youth, he has been forced to assume it. It's very Shakespearean.

Those scenes were great. I like Dani though, and was glad someone finally yelled at Destiny. Tired of her nonsense. Please recast her. Put Des with some nice new Lord/Abbott boy to make Matthew jealous. Let her be in close proximity by becoming the babysitter for Kevin and Kelly's kid.

• Members

I did mean to say I enjoyed JvD's work today. I could debate over Clint and who he is or isn't but Jerry's a pro and that was some great stuff with Clint and Nora, and they managed to articulate both points of view.

Today confirmed for me that Dani is no better an actress than Destiny. She was very wooden in the scenes where she told Destiny off. She's flat, and her face is expressionless, beyond a generic pout. I'm also tired of seeing her hair in her eye. Perhaps this was deliberate casting, since TSJ's acting style seems to have become even more lifeless.

Kim has a very exotic look for a soap. I know they are very unpopular but in looks she reminds me of the Kardashian sisters. I hope she gets the smug out of Nigel.

• Members

Totally, I said that on here when someone first put up her picture and said that the character's name was "Kim". Actually, I thought it was pretty transparent and lame. Kind of interesting seeing as how they tried to morph CH's Lizzie into a Paris clone back on GL.

I don't think she's quite found her stride yet as Kim, but I agree that I find her exotic look very attractive. It'll be really interesting to see how she'll stand with no Stacy. Maybe we can look forward to seeing the introduction of her family, Bruce and Kim Jenner lookalike parents and gaggle of sisters.

Archived