OLTL: Discussion for the week December 14

• Members

Oh, i agree.

Its great they dealt with it. they had too. I also loved the tess storyline (the first time around). Tess (under DH) was a well rounded fleshed out char who grew and changed but still was her at her core. Jessica was always a bore, so good and perfect, i couldnt stand it. I hoped that when they merged them Jess would keep part of tess. She did, but in a lazy ass way. They write her either as Jess or as Tess, not as the two merged.

I have also come to like Natalie recently. She always just bugged me before.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with all of what you have said except for Charlie and Kim. I think both BK and AS are wonderful actors and I am enjoying them a great deal right now. My only complaint with One Life is where's Viki. Why are we not seeing her support her husband.

Agreed as well. When Starr was written like a brat (such as Jack is being written now) she and the character were great. Now that she is being written as a heroine both the character and actor have lost their interest.

• Members

I think Starr doesn't have any real purpose. I don't know if it's because she's written as a heroine, because Jack is written as a brat, and Dani is bratty, but they also seem pointless. I think it's that Blair has been so marginalized and Todd has been so butchered, and they were the foundations of the Manning family. What's left for Starr? She can never really have a strong scene with her father again without all the baggage being there lingering in the background.

All Starr has is her ties to Dorian, which I think they should focus more on. Or have her spend more time with the Lords. Perhaps she could get some sort of a job at BE, just a small job, in competition with Kim, and we can see her more ruthless side come into play. Natalie could help her.

• Members

Starr doesn't have a purpose. She and Cole do nothing and they seem to have it easy raising Hope. Matthew and Dani is the new teen story, and I think it works in and of itself. Which is why they should take a realistic tack in dealing with Starr and Cole from now on; how else would two young people react to being stuck together raising a kid while either starting or getting ready to start college, when you're supposed to be young, single and free? That's when things should blow up for these characters. It should be high drama, and I think it's organic to the situation. But right now their life seems idyllic.

• Members

I think that probably became another problem for them, because Starr and Cole had such angst for so long, people wanted a break. Now they've had a break, but Starr seems aimless.

I think you have a great idea.

I am not very into this couple but they do seem to be very popular in some quarters. Even as generic as Starr has become, sometimes I wonder if a lot of young women still identify with her, on some level.

• Members

When she's with Dorian, Blair and Langston she's still just a face in the crowd now. She is supporting other stories - Dorian's, Langston's, Kish's. That's not anything for Starr.

What should really happen is one or both of the kids should sleep with someone else, either Cole at college or Starr at school. That stands a chance of happening in real life. And both of them should develop actual career goals. I remember Cole once said he wanted to study engineering and work with BE, then I think this year he claimed he was interested in law. You can do something substantial with those kids' aspirations. I think Cole excelled with Rachel at the rehab center, too.

• Members

I'm not sure about Starr in any stories which would involve a fling or affair, I'm not sure if KA could make that work.

I wonder about a story where Cole has a relationship with an older woman. I don't mean a "cougar" story, but one where, due to his issues, he just naturally is drawn into something with an older woman.

• Members

I like Starr but IA, she does kinda seem pointless at this point. The only thing I see in her near future is finding out Dani is her sister and having those 2 fight for a short bit. maybe its best to just write her out this summer after she graduates. She gets a scholarship to a school and she and Cole leave together

Archived