Planned Storylines that were changed/dropped

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ian on PC was supposed to be involved in a terrorist plot which centered around his past. This happened right around 9/11 and obviously got changed bc of that

Around the same time, Blair was going to be involved in a plane crash and that was changed

• Members

On Guiding Light there was the Lighthouse Gala...which probably got scrapped due to the changing writers from Gold to Taggert, or maybe it had to do with Mary Stuart's death(her character, Meta, was in charge of it), but instead we got more of a Jeva tribute for the show's anniversary rather than a tribute to the show.

On Another World, I wonder if they really did plan to have the Lumina Ball segway into Jordan Stark/Time Travel SL.

• Members

Was that the one with his dull wife and her evil brothers?

OLTL also had to drop some story about a gun-toting teen around the time of Virginia Tech, didn't they?

GH dropped blowing up the hospital because of 9/11.

Irna Phillips insisted that Kim was going to have her brother-in-law's child and raise the baby on her own. She was fired, and the new writers "punished" Kim by having her lose the baby. Of course 15 years later Marland revealed the child was still alive, which I like to think of as a tribute to Irna.

Irna planned to have an interracial relationship between a white man and the lead, Amerasian female character on Love Is a Many Splendored Thing. CBS said that was too much, so Irna quit. They also dropped a story about Donna Mills taking the veil.

Y&R was going to have a lesbian relationship between JoAnn Curtis and Katherine Chancellor, but Bill Bell dropped it due to falling ratings.

Poor Nina seemed to repeatedly try to find her father and the child who had been taken from her at birth, but every time, the stories would be dropped.

B&B was going to have an affair between Eric Forrester and Thomas's girlfriend Caitlin, which was dropped, thankfully.

Y&R was going to pair up Christine/Cricket and Victor, which was dropped due to fan anger.

Wasn't Malone going to tell some big racism story on OLTL with Rachel? And RJ was supposed to be killed?

Kim Zimmer was supposed to play Cassie Layne, Reva's younger sister, until someone apparently realized how stupid this would be.

• Members

ATWT:

Mike and Lily were supposed to be paired up until Holden returned in January 1997

Barbara and Julia Lindsey were supposed to have some kind of secret past rivalry but it was dropped.

B&B:

Thomas' illegal wife Gabby was supposed to be in a plane crash after Taylor deported her and then come back as a deranged disfigured psychopath.

Days: Oh boy there's alot. Three that come to mind:

Eric Brady was supposed to be gay but the stalker was changed to a woman.

The whole story surrounding Caprice

The Salem SSK story

The Gloved hand was supposed to be Jan Spears under JER

GL:

Gus was supposed to be the son of Alan and Rita

Jonathan was supposed to be Reva's stalker

Oh dear god I remember that! I can still remember Brad Bell gushing about his upcoming Lolita storyline...the sicko. The Victor/Christine "more than just a lawyer friend" thing was just bizarre and I'm glad it was dropped.

• Members

I'm really having a hard time trying to picture KZ playing two distinct characters in a dual role, I just can't imagine her Revaisms not sneaking into her Cassie as the character was written. Especially in emotionally heightened material... dueling Revas just shouting one another down. And can you imagine what it would have been like when the Jonathan and Tammy stuff hit? KZ would have been worn the hell out.

• Members

And on a similar note, Cady McClain was supposed to play Di (as a Dixie lookalike) originally. Then they cast Kelli Giddish to fill the role, and went ahead with her being Dixie. THEN, if CM decided to come back (which she did), Di would be revealed to be an imposter, and CM would be the real Dixie. Had CM not agreed to come back, they were going to stick with Di being "the real" Dixie.

Archived