Planned Storylines that were changed/dropped

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of ANOTHER WORLD's most famous rewrites was when the Fax Newman-serial killer story was originally going to kill off Donna Love (Anna Stuart) but it leaked out and the fan protest caused them to pick someone else.....leading to the killing of Frankie Frame (Alice Barrett) instead.

• Members

Weren't they recasting Tim around the same time? If I recall correctly Forbes March was originally hired to be the new Tim Dillon because TPTB didn't feel Tommy Michaels was hunky enough. But there was such a backlash that they made March Scott Chandler instead (even though they still got rid of Michaels). I wonder if maybe the "big Dillon story" TPTB were trumpeting focused on Tim and Risa, with James Kiberd and Robin Mattson in supporting roles, and when TPTB couldn't recast Tim they scrapped the whole thing.

• Members

I remember that. I never understood why they had to do that. Michaels was around 18, and probably could have played storylines for a young man around college age, and while he wasn't the most conventionally attractive guy, he had a nice body and he was a good actor. Forbes March may have had great abs but he was deadwood, uncharismatic. He only seemed to have charisma later on with Mutant X and some of his OLTL run.

AMC's "hunk" casting for a lot of the 90s did absolutely nothing for me.

I do think they were planning on phasing out the Dillon family, for budget reasons, and if Tim had stayed, it would have probably been on his own. Not long after he left was when they told James Kiberd to take a pay cut or leave. He left. And we got one of the worst AMC stories ever, the candy cane murder.

• Members

Yes it does (and I'm a SBu fan) but I call it like I see it...Stuart Damon saved his ass when he was going to be fired stepped up when he had the power and intervened on his behalf....so the story goes:

As soon as SBu got the power (supposedly)....he says he never wants to be scribed with the Qs in story (because of them he almost got fired...I guess his scenes with them were the ones that were lacking like his scenes usually are especially now)

Hence, Jason Morgan is born;

not remembering anything Jason Quartermaine (amnesia), isolated from anything Qs. He was paramount in their destruction eg AJ he caused his & Emily's death...has nothing to do with Monica/Tracey/Edward (unless its something about Michael) or clubbing them (Qs) to death in dialog...

He was in a shoot-out when his father died; Spinelli had to drag him out of it but he was too late Alan died before he got there. Then Jason tried to pimp an emmy reel blubbering at Alan's bedside "also"

apologizing to AJ posthumously blubbering at the crypt (after causing Emily's death) because (Jason) finally after all these years understood how AJ felt wanting (fighting to the death) his son (Michael)when they were going with Jason's big "sacrifice" storyline.

(Jason) never "fought against all odds to be in his son's life" he merely handed Jake over, passed him to Lucky like a platter of crackers because he (Jake) is inconvenient to his mobdom. He refused to claim his kid or step up for him (he stuffed his pictures/any reminders of him) in a box, shoved it in the back of his closet in his box of pain that he took out, hugged and blubbered over it every once in awhile). That stopped of course.

He refused to leave the mob for Jacob....(now he wants to leave it and change his whole life for Michael who he turned on his brother for).

He is a walking contridiction he was the cause via Carly who literally gave Michael to Sonny in a spat w/Jason. Jason championed it when AJ was hung on a meat hook to sign over his parental right via Carly). GH reiteriates in story/dialog how umimportant Jake is and how Michael is his top priority in his (Jason's) life and keeping him best buds with his old ho' (Carly).

They made poor AJ a villian for wanting his own kid

The storyline changed from Michael who actually killed AJ

but focus groups or whatever pre-screening they use) were in a rant so they re-wrote/re-shot it

they made Jason not kill him (AJ) directly but in a fight. Billy Warlock came back (for GuZa to destroy his character gave him a personality transplant).

He came back as AJ waving a gun at the top mob enforcer/hitman fighting (AJ was a champion boxer but they made him look weak and feeble against the mighty Morgan) he tumbled over the landing during the fight and fell to his death which Monica of course always took Jason's side over the son she birthed she pimped him heavy here in this storyline too. (So did Lila re: Jason and Sonny) AJ was written a buffoon.

However, Alan "never waivered" took the same stance, throughout the years, even when he layed dying during the MC hostage storylilne he told Carly to buzz off because she destroyed his son "because of what you did to AJ."

(so Jason caused AJ's death) the storyline/dialog lauded him as a hero (for not only handing Michael over to the mob years earlier)

but also AJ's death (they made AJ a gun waving looney tunes)..

I firmly believe the catering to SBu's character is/was responsible for the destruction of the Quartermaines.

And they continue to cater to him (for well over a decade). Which is why I think he is smug and arrogant.

I am an AJ fan too so I was kinda happy that SBu's and Franco's mutual manager arranging the stunt of casting Franco (for his benefit)

flatlined his debut week...probably won't continue but at least I did one happy dance for the Qs (huge Quartermaine fan).

• Members

The Hattie/Marlena storyline: I really wish that this story played out and Hattie turned out to be Samantha and Jake was alive and he kidnapped Samantha and tortured her many years because she wasnt Marlena.

Julie Williams was the original "Queen of Stefano's night" not sure what happen with that, but I would have enjoyed that alot more than the Marlena story.

• Members

We would have seen a possessed Julie floating above her bed in 1995. In all seriousness yes Stefano wanted Marlena for Tony but he wanted Julie for himself. I have seen the 1982 episode when Jake is revealed to be the Salem Strangler while strangling Phyllis Anderson, and in it Stefano and Julie shared a couple of filler scenes and Stefano was quite happy to see her. Both Mascolo and Hayes displayed quite the chemistry. Hayes is only four years older than Hall so she could have gotten a lot of mileage in the 80s instead of being dumped and her departure to Y&R.

• Members

Another World: THomas and the vampire storyline. It was when Jill Farren Phelps was EP and had a mandate from NBC to be more like JER's Days'

I also read that Claire Labine had also planned a breast cancer storyline for Monica Q

Days: Lily Faversham, whom was hinted at having known Vivian Alamain at the Deathly Coronation Of Greta

Also going to go a bit further and say SSK? To this day I don't believe it was JER's plan to bring back those vets

Back in the 70's an interacial romance between a David some body and a Valerie Grant

Y&R: THe romance of Neil and Victoria

Archived