ATWT Christmas spoiler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last I saw of Mary Ellen was those commercials with Ed Fry which no longer air. When they stopped doing those I said to myself, "Well I'm never buying anything from them." But then I never did anyway...

I'd love to see Ellen back too. Yet another character who apparently never existed. I'd love to see her bust Susan's chops one last time.

• Members

John Valente axed Ellen. He should have been fired as soon as he did that. He had just started and soon fired her. Didnt she leave town for some reason...something about David's Foundation. Didnt she later return during Broderick's exist writing??

• Members

She came back for a holiday visit in 1998, yes.

There were so many vets fired when Valente took over. We heard this was because of the budget, and that this was a step in the right direction, and so on. I know they probably had to cut some of the fat but I still thought they made some questionable decisions in who they fired. What I hated was they said, "oh, Pat Bruder's on recurring." So recurring that she did not appear once in his entire run.

• Members

Ellen was one of my favorite characters. At the time I thought the decision to fire her might help the show focus on the 30's/40's something scene. Instead we got awful storytelling and new mindless useless characters. I thought once Goutman returned....FMB for that matter that she would have been asked back to return full time.

• Members

I think they just figured she was a part of the past, why bother. Ellen had become a minor character and it was mostly Marland's ability to weave tapestries which kept her around. I do think she provided a vital element to both Susan and to Emily, and a talk-to for the Hughes, but then, the Hughes barely even got to speak during some of the above periods anyway.

• Members

Okay, not that I'd mind a Hughes-centric Xmas episode, but I don't think it's the only Christmas that will be shown. Both CZP and Michael Park mentioned taping Xmas, and both made it sound like the entire cast was involved.

Archived