ATWT Christmas spoiler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think everyone loves Maura. :D I still well up thinking of the SoapTalk ATWT 50th show, where Kathy Hays gushed about her, and as they headed to commercial, Maura went over and hugged her.

I'm not sure who CZP felt "ignored" her. But there were some lean years after DM's death---the John/Babs hookup sort of came out of nowhere, so whoever was before Broderick, maybe?

• Members

Maura's almost attained vet status, though, hasn't she? I mean, close to 14 years is a good run. The thing I love about ATWT is that technically we have 10+ year vets across a range of tiers...you have the top tier of old school crowd with Wagner, Hastings, Fulton, Masters, Hays, and Zenk Pinter, then in the middle tier with people like Hubbard, Hensley, Widdoes, Holmes, and Dolan, and then the bottom tier with Menighan Hensley, West, Park, and now even Columbino and Dawson. We (rightfully) complain about the show not using the top tier enough, but ATWT is pretty vetlicious at this point. I wish someone in charge would reeeeeealize how lucky the show is...

• Members

I don't think AMS wasn't calling West, Park and Columbino vets---she was just pointing out there are "levels" of vets. There's old school, new wave, and younger...and while some people only mean "those with 25-30-plus years of service" as "vets"----that ATWT does have a core of actors who've contributed for years and are still finding story.

Contrast us with B&B, where there's the original set (Flannery, Moss, McCook and Lang), a couple of mid-levels with ten plus (Tylo and Harmon) and a bunch of actors on the show less than five years. It's probably more pronounced because it's a smaller cast, but I think they use up and then discard characters at a rapid rate.

• Members

The dollhouse episode aired around Christmas 2007, so it's not that surprising if you don't remember it. And Nuke was not the center of the episode. They had one scene with each other. Most of the cast were involved in that episode. I don't remember that much about it except that it ended with the entire cast wishing the viewers a Merry Christmas.

• Members

They weren't inside a dollhouse, it was the fantasy episode that evolved from people noticing an antique Dollhouse, and projecting from it. In it, Lily was about to marry Dusty, but had this unspoken attraction for Holden, her stable master. Luke was her son, just back from college and upset that his "good friend" Noah was announcing his marriage to "family friend Madelaine" whom his family expected him to marry. You might remember it better as the Victorian Christmas.

Ro was an invalid who's husband had a thing for her nurse, Meg...Carly was a disgraced woman who captured the attention of officer Jack while maidenKatie ignored clergyBrad...Gwen and Will longed for a child (surprise surprise). The Hughes were servants---Bob was the major domo who ran the house, Tom was his semi-wastrel son who was more concerned about scoping out Margo than doing his duties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some more spoilers for Christmas

Santa is able to help Brad connect with his family and he spends the holiday with Katie and Jacob.

Carly and Jack spend Christmas Eve together while Janet seeks comfort in Dusty's arms.

Lucinda and Emma scheme to get Lily and Holden together for the holiday.

Luke is happy when Noah returns home for Christmas.

Archived