ATWT: What's up with Van's Shitty acting??!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw no problem with Van's acting. Luke has never been the silent, stoic type, and when you consider the circumstances I'm not at all surprised that he was a little manic.

But I guess it's a matter of taste. Van might not be a new Robert DeNiro, but he's better than a lot of other actors on daytime I've seen.

• Members

I agree his acting is fine, cause he is supposed to be playing an annoying, flaming,frantic,over the top,nellie, little drama queen right???Just like the Noah guy is always supposed to be in a coma,right???

I haven't watched too much of the dullness known as Nuke but was glued to the set yesterday with the "acting," and the stupid storyline...all I could think was, "Yea, he is his mother's son, the accident is all about him!" and when he screamed out "They dont consider his boythriend thamily!!!" was the icing on the cake (hey dumbass, no one,straight or gay is considered family if they are simply dating someone!")

Is Damine okay with his kid being gay, cause I thought I would have gotten a reaction out of him during the whole hospital melt down scene?

Someone upthread was right,if they would just make Luke a bitchy villian it would work, kind of early Lisa, though not as butch!

• Members

I agree. I didn't see a problem with Van's acting either. When Luke was at Noah's hospital bed, Van showed that Luke was very vulnerable and emotional and not in a way that was over the top. It seems some will have a problem with Van's acting no matter how good he is. Why do people have a problem with men who show emotions?

• Members

I don't have a problem with men showing emotions---Jack's been an emotional wreck since shooting Brad.

I have a problem with Van being all over the place with his acting---and that being his so-called "range". To paraphrase a famous quote---he runs the gamut of emotions from A to B. There is NO subtlety in Van's acting whatsoever.

• Members

I disagree. I thought Van showed a lot of range. He was worried with Damian, Lily, Holden. He was angry and upset about not being able to make medical decisions, ect. He was tender and vulnerable and also full of sorrow with Noah at his bedside. I didn't think he was shitty at all. I do think sometimes Van can go over the top, but I don't think this is one of those times.

• Members

LOL.....Luke is just a totally flaming gay male. The way Van plays him is so out there. He sure is convincing as a flaming gay male.tongue.gif

And i still stand by my statement. His acting is S H I T T Y!!

He hasnt been stubtle since he came out. He was so subtle before he met Noah Mayer. Now he is a flaming, yelling idiot!!

Archived