ATWT: What's up with Van's Shitty acting??!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!!! I haven't really watched this show since the days that Katie was bitch (now she is a Betsy Stewart type heroine????) and Henry was being a pain in her ass around the studio ("You just entered my Henry Free Zone!!!") but now I hear he was married to her or in love with her?? Please tell me it was a scam...also, what is with him and Babs??I know he must like his divas but making out with her, and her liking it??? What the f*ck happned to this show???

I do remember back in his WOAK days that the actor was always going to Gautman and saying that "Henry's gay right??" and Gautman, ever the type of producer to have his head up his ass, said, "Absolutley not!"

• Members

Well Henry and Katie's marriage was kind of a scam. Katie only suggested it to make Mike (who was with Jen at the time) jealous, hoping he'd stop the ceremony. If I remember correctly, Katie and Henry actually planned NOT to go through with it even if Mike didn't stop the ceremony. When it was clear Mike wasn't going to stop it, Katie was going to back down, but hearing Henry's vows made her realize he was a really good friend and really loved her, so she decided to give it a shot. They even had sex, but Katie just couldn't let Mike go, especially when she found out Jen was pregnant with Craig's baby and not Mike's. She continued to insert herself in Mike's life (playing go-between in the escalating Jen/Craig war) and finally at some point, she abandoned the marriage and ended up sleeping with Mike in Chicago after he had a fight with Jen. Jen caught them, and ended up going into labor. They all thought the baby had died (Craig pulled off a baby-switch) and Jen and Mike broke up permanently. Katie and Mike ended up married, until she cheated on him with Simon.

Henry and Babs is a little complicated. Turns out, Henry is James' son. Henry's mother Audrey owed bad people money, so she schemed to get Henry into James' good graces, hoping to get some money. That worked for a little bit, but mostly because James was trying to goad Paul into claiming the Stenbeck money and thought a rivalry would bring out his Stenbeck-ness. When it wasn't working, James decided to change back the will, and to prevent that, Audrey killed him. Only by then, Vienna didn't want Henry to have any of the money, so he and Audrey came up with a scheme to launder the money, telling V he was donating all to charity, but he'd get it funneled back through a mobster named Ralph Manzo. During all this, Babs was pretty insistant on Paul getting that money (finding James' sudden "death" convienent) and got an injunction. Henry couldn't pay Ralph, he needed the money, and Audrey suggested "unthawing" Babs to get on her good side. So Henry ended up sleeping with her (it's been a while since Babs got any, and she was celebrating being cancer free). Babs got a little possessive and outed the affair to Vienna, and V dumped Henry. Henry was going to skip town to get away from Ralph, and to keep him in town, Katie threatened to call the cops on Ralph. Ralph kidnapped Katie, who went into labor. Ralph told Henry she'd die if he didn't get the money, so Henry pleaded with Babs, who gave in and got the injunction lifted. But by then, Brad had gone off to rescue Katie, and ended up getting caught in the crossfire, and took a bullet from Jack. So Katie's royally pissed and blaming Henry, and Babs has been supportive of him, telling him it isn't all Henry's fault.

Surprisingly, it's not as weird as it sounds. Well, after the cheesy seduction anyway...:lol:

• Members

I love this post and totally agree. I just watched Monday's episode and Van's acting was atrocious, all over the place, and not at all grounded in reality.

And Mitch- I was pretty much thinking the exact same thing when he started spewing that crap. Luke is such a whiny, misguided, spoiled, piece of crap misfit- and it's not just the writing, it's Van's over the top and often nonsensical acting. Talk about going downhill over the years.

I didn't get that at all. What I saw was a schizophrenic crack addict unable to get their fix!

• Members

LOL..I have seen weirder things!!! I like a good convoluted soap plot, but, and I hate to sound like those annoying returning viewers...(but I will anyway) is Henry really James' kid, (that is stupid) and who is this Vienna?

I liked old snippy bitchy Katie and snippy bitchy Henry bugging each other...and I am sure Henry was wishing he was the one who was sleeping with Mike (who wouldnt??)

• Members

LOL...no problem. I only hate annoying questions when they're being asked while I'm trying to pay attention...

Yes...as far as we know, Henry really is James' progeny. We didn't see anything obvious like Audrey switching samples or paying anyone off. Of course, that could change at any time. ;)

Vienna is Henry's super-modelish hot girlfriend. She was initially a Swedish Paris Hilton-esque bitch, who was Simon's sugar momma during his last return. He was using Vienna, ended up falling for Carly, flucked Katie and stole the Crown Jewels of Leonia (which one of V's other conquests was showing off in Oakdale and letting her wear) to pay off a loanshark after the building he and Carly renovated got destroyed in a freak September ice storm. This necessitated Carly skipping town (for Maura's last maternity leave) with him, while Jack let them escape (at the time, he wanted to get back with Carly, but she was trying to move on, very angsty-ish.) When Simon left, Vienna lost her money, shagged Henry in the back of a limo, and has pretty much been with him ever since. This spring, she was going to be a surrogate for Bratie, but ended up preggo by Henry, and they lied to Bratie about it. V ended up losing the baby, and Katie ended up getting miraculously pregnant. She left town upon finding out Henry cheated. Ewa de Cruz is recurring, and supposedly will return eventually.

• Members

Ugh! I knew I'd be sorry for going over to Van's board. He can do no wrong there. Van's performances are so NOT Emmy worthy but if Van farts his board goes wild and starts making up his Emmy speech. I don't understand why they don't get that he is just not that good.

• Members

Y'know, even if Van was consistantly good, Supporting Actor is such a dogfight every year to get a nomination. Most of the nom's are actually Lead Actors driving tons of story. If Van wasn't playing a gay character, there's no way his name would even be whispered in the same breath as people like Vincent Irizzary.

• Members

It's a FAN board!!! What do you expect them to do?? Spend their time criticizing him?? Go to any fan board for any actor and I'm sure you'll find that it's the same thing there! What is so hard to understand about that?

And they probably don't understand why you don't get how good he is.

If you don't like it there then there is a very simple solution, stay away! Geez! :rolleyes:

• Members

LOL! I understand that it's a fan board. However, they are so close minded that they can't even entertain the thought that there are people who do not think that Van is the greatest actor who ever lived. I just feel that they need to be a little more open minded and allow others who may not feel the total love for Van to express their opinion.

Archived