Characters who have too many children

• Members

Even Brooke's kids aren't used that much. Rick was an Amber sidekick for much of his adult life until he came back for short lived romances and a stint as a psycho. Bridget has just been Nick's arm decoration for the past five years.

I had forgotten about Adam's kids. It's just lazy writing, the way they treat him.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brooke of course has too many kids. Reva certainly did not need to have Colin either--she was post-menopause! And why they tried back to back pregnancies with Victor as the father on Y&R is beyond me!

What about characters who don't have enough children? I'm always surprised that Doug and Julie never shared a child together, just children from other marriages.

• Members

I dont think 4 is alot of kids. I think once a soap character has 5, then its pushing it. Has there been any females that have given birth to more than 5? What men have fathered mroe than 5?

Considering that Viki forgot she gave birth to a couple of them, I wouldnt be surprised if there are more

• Members

Normally Id agree but doesnt Sami have twins? Its not like she had 3 seperate pregnancies. On a related note, she had 2 miscarriages but for a while there, Elizabeth on GH was pregnant every year from like 2003-2007. Each time the baby was to a different father. If she had all those kids, that would have been beyond ridiculous

• Members

I had forgotten Elizabeth's fertile womb. She gets pregnant at the drop at the hat. LOL! Carly is also Ms. Fertile. She has had 3 kids with 2 miscarriages. Alexis also has 3 daughters by 3 different men. I do find 3 children too much for most soap characters, especially when it makes too many of the generation related. On GH, with the exception of Cameron and Emma all of the children are related to each other and Sonny and Jason. It reflects Guza obsession with Sonny and Jason and limits future stories not that GH has 10 years left.

• Members

When I first saw Michael adn Kristina together I thought they would make a good couple and then I realized they were related. Molly and Morgan look like a good future potential pairing but they are pratically brother and sister and are biologically cousins. GH did screw itself over by having so many kids related to Sonny

• Members

This is weird but for some reason I feel like the emotional impact of a baby switch or injury or death is lessened when characters have too many children. Like Sami's baby switch, sure, it's sad that the baby was taken but I'm like "Whatever, you have 3 more." It's the same with characters who miscarry every 2 years. I swear Carly on GH has been pregnant for a decade. Baby, miscarriage, baby, miscarriage, miscarriage, baby. It's worse when they pick and choose which miscarriages/stillborn babies to mourn this month. Ashley can mourn the baby she aborted 20 years ago but Amber is like "What dead babies?" 3 years later.

That's not how I feel about real life, of course.

• Members

My favorite "I know not the age nor sex of my child" story was Rae Cummngs' Tour Of ABC Daytime. Linda Dano, who, let's face it, was never exactly the belle of the ball, I'm sorry, is this pushing-60 crone prowling the daytime lineup, flirting with all the men and going up to everyone from fortysomething Max Holden to twentysomething Eve, Kelly and Sophia, saying "you could be my child!" It was hysterically awful. I loved it when Tracy finally put an end to it years later by calling Rae a "dockside whore" who'd had every available longshoreman and would never know her daughter's father.

Archived