Phelps on Franco, GL and Frons

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phelps is so deluded. GH has not changed in the last 10 years which is why many online fans are vocally complaining. She and Geary are so alike. They blame the fans for our displeasure or when we stop watching. It is never them. Not that it matters. She and Guza will write and produce GH into cancellation in a few years.

• Members

IA about Phelps. I know many here find her talented I think she's as big a hack as Guza, Frons, Maria Bell, Caruthers, and the list goes on.

And I am not a believer in all buzz is good buzz. Is that why Tony Geary is now backtracking on all the crap he spewed all over the spring and summer about his character moving on and fans needing to accept it and how Luke can't be boxed in with Laura. His story over the spring got lots and lots of buzz. It's funny with JJ back he's now spewing his great love for Laura and Genie.

• Members

JFP is a good line producer. That's about it. When she gets involved on a creative level, the shows turn disastrous. Case in point, when she ghostwrote GH and OLTL with Megan McTavish. The show was an absolute joke under her, which is why they brought back Guza. The idea of this dictator being relegated to near-powerlessness by the advent of Frons is a pyrrhic, but delicious victory for me.

• Members

But we know that Phelps, Guza, Frons, ABC, and the other networks blame fewer viewers at home during the day and more cable competitive as the main cause of the declining ratings. They are mostly right about this, btw. What they try to do is write shocking things and have stunts to bring in the audience during sweeps so they can get higher ad revenue while costing production costs. As long as GH's sweep stunts get the ratings and the 18-49 women demo remains relatively solid, ABC is find with Guza. I think outside of focus groups, they do not care about what the fans think. Online soap fans overestimate their importance of their reactions or opinions.

• Members

The main reason Frons is so hated is because every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid or offensive. That WSJ interview was the one where the interviewer repeatedly gave him chances to be courteous about GL's cancelation, and instead he was as rude as possible.

He's a hack who has spit in the faces of millions of soap fans over and over again.

As for Jill, I do think that she some skills in running a show. It's the storyline and casting areas that she tends to trip up on. I'm sure that any of the quality we're seeing at GH now is from her, the actors (the ones who bother), and the scriptwriters.

• Members

This woman is a real piece of work. Hey she has been employed at ABC daytime now for 12 years. She was at OLTL for three years and now at GH for close to 9 years. She is a total freaking bitch and she proved that. Greg Vaughn even said that when he was let go JFP was not very friendly. He had never really spoken to Jill. Jill is a master at knowing how to kiss ass when necessary and give all her FOJS all the love but to the people she hates she really is a total freaking bitch. She screwed so many people over. She could care less about fans. She has a major ego power trip. On OLTL I remember the year she refused to hire a head writer and decided to appoint herself as head writer of OLTL. Hey she has lasted in this business about 30 years, so she knows how to play the game very well.

• Members

Phelps is horrific. I don't much care if she reads horrible things about herself online. It isn't like she gives a damn. Her soaps are full of misogyny and have no diversity. I can't remember one time that she ever took responsibility for the violence against women or anything other horrible things she has done on her soaps. She talks about feeling bad about GL's cancellation, but she damn sure did her took turn destroying GL. Kale Brown is doing the voice over for JJ's taking over the role of Lucky so she is still finding work for her friends and lovers where she can. She is a happy woman who does not have much worries career wise as far as I can tell.

I don't share most of the anti-Frons sentiment. I think that he can be impolitic, but he does not phase me and I do think that he is trying to save the soaps.

Archived