Phelps on Franco, GL and Frons

• Members

Winifred simply disappeared one day after joining Spinelli and Sam's PI firm. I have no clue if they bothered to give an explanation. It is so ridiculous that they would think it was a good idea to have a female Spinelli. It is impossible enough to believe that one woman is interested in Spinelli, but two? Please give me break. Yet we were subjected to Winifred for weeks on end. I cracked up over how intolerant Spinelli fans were of his female counterpart. I'm surprised that Guza didn't give the actress a contract since the character was so unpopular with the 4 people posting under different names. I agree that Guza and Phelps do whatever the hell they want. They don't care about focus groups or online fans or fan mail. ABC has its favorites and they get featured no matter what happens.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am willing to give JFP the benefit of the doubt because she is, in terms of technical ability, one of the best EPs in Daytime (in terms of community relations on soap, it may be a different story). However, her words here bother me. She spends the rest of the article defending Daytime but I feel like this was said instinctively and underscores the fact that some of the people running this industry just plain hate and disdain it.

Perhaps she was referring to the amount of memorization? Like, why would any actor put themselves through all that extra work.

And it's true, James Franco is a good actor in my book. Possibly even going to be great in a couple of years. I rate his acting way above that of Mo and Steve's, too, Jill! That doesn't mean to say that all movie actors are amazing and all Daytime ones are shiteous. Hell, Nicole Kidman can no longer even register emotion on her face (not that she could before the botox IMHO) and yet people still run around saying she was the bestest actress ever in Moulin Rouge. Sometimes it seems Daytime being so down on itself is a big part of its problem. Low expectations yield little result.

Archived