Phelps on Franco, GL and Frons

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They say what goes around comes around. I keep waiting for the axis of evil at ABCD/GH to get theirs. Still waiting.

And you hear good things about JFP from people who like her and she endorses. Forget it if you are not on her "it" list. She has to be the reason the character of Olivia(LLC) on GH is so high profile since she was part of the disastrous Santi clan at OLTL and was ultimately axed.

• Members

JFP wasn't at OLTL when the Santi clan were introduced.

I'm not sure how much power she has over casting these days. She must have some, but after some of the flubs early in her run, like the Jensen Buchanan hiring and lawsuit, most of the FOJs have been in short term roles, or barely given storyline.

• Members

I can't stand any of the folks at ABCD aside from Ron C at OLTL but I also don't think Frons is the devil but damn the man needs some coaching on how to give an interview. Every time he opens his mouth he sticks his foot in it. He reminds me of Sarah Palin in those Katie Couric interviews. Gag

Why do any of these people even comment about online. They allegedly don't pay much matter anyway right? And as a women, can't she exert a little influence at GH as to how they are treated? Or is she part of the problem?

Ok my fault I thought she was the brainchild of the Santi's. I can blame her for Frankie Frame though right? :D

• Members

JFP obviously has some talent, as she's been a key player in daytime for years now. Sure, kissing ass is one thing and I'm sure that has taken her far, but you don't last as long in the cut-throat arena of daytime tv without being talented. Harding Lemay, whose opinion I have a lot of respect for, has said that she is one of the best producers he ever worked with, that she is very intuitive when it comes to what works and what doesn't in terms of story. I think he said she has a sixth sense. She has gone on record admitting that killing off Maureen Bauer on GL was probably a mistake, which was pretty cool of her. The negative stuff I've heard about her comes from the way she treats certain actors who are not part of her inner circle. Jackie Zeman, in a very interesting "we love soaps" interview last month, said that the moment JFP took over as producer, her airtime severely diminished. JFP never called her into her office to tell her that her role was being downsized...it just happened without anyone telling her. Pretty nasty on JFP's part to treat a veteran cast member like that. And of course, what she did to Anna Lee and Rachel Ames was criminal.

• Members

There were rumors when JFP first arrived that she planned to have Bobbie go psycho to facilitate Melissa/Roy, and that Jackie was on her way out. Then there were claims that Tony Geary stopped this.

I just wish Jackie and Leslie hadn't damaged their faces, because I do think Bobbie is, or was, a key part of the show, but I can't really say that I need to see more Bobbie when she looks the way she does now. The same goes for Monica, although Leslie isn't as bad.

• Members

Well she certainly hasn't exerted much of her intuition as to what has and has not worked at GH for years and maybe it's true that her power is not as great there as it has been on other shows. They've executed a bunch of zinger stories during her reign there. Sarah Brown lasted almost 2 years on that show as a huge overpaid bust(no fault of Sarah's), a terribly conceived and vile character, so I assume the reigns of her control is somewhat limited. And I suppose all producers have their favorites. We know the writers do.

• Members

Geary for all his faults and yapping to the press has always been extremely loyal to Jackie Zeman. She even said he offered to step in for her when the show moved her to recurring status and by that time I think she was pretty done with the show for the most part anyway and had other things more relevant to focus her life on, so she declined.

The one thing I will ever remember JFP for that really made me disrespect her was her treatment of Anna Lee. This woman was an icon and her treatment disgraceful. Her son even indicated before they dropped her that if the show ever did that it would be the end of the line for his mom and that's sadly exactly what happened. Call me crazy, but an actress with her background and class with so much love in the daytime community certainly deserved better. Add Stuart Damon getting fired on Christmas eve by fax to that list also. And most recently her coolness to Greg Vaughan when he was fired.

• Members

There were a lot of rumors about Amber Tamblyn and Sarah Brown also leaving because of conflicts with her, although I think Sarah denied those to the press.

I think she probably did what was going to be done anyway, to a lot of the older actors, she just didn't do it in the most tactful manner, I guess.

Archived