Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

40 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Surprised Tammy made it big.

Drew could be one-note, but I thought she was talented, and I did enjoy her with PdA. I actually thought she’d become even more famous after the raves she got from playing Judy Garland. But she’s had a wonderful career on stage and screen. Respected and able to star in big projects but not having to deal with the irritations of being a huge celebrity.

7 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Oh yay 🙄

I wish they could have picked someone else or just had Tammy, Brittany, Joy and Paul. Hell bring in Paul Stewart for the millionth time again.

I love PAS. Don't hate..lol

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

I feel bad for Paulo. He is the only one in this group who has not gone on to success in primetime tv, films, or theater. He has also made several references to his weight gain.

Why was he so red? He came off annoying and wanted to be the center of attention.

I can't stand Alan. Late 90's GL was so MEH. It's hard for me to care for that group. The only interesting ones. Where Drew, Michelle and Susan. Paul's looking tasty. Paulo got fat. They are all into it. Which is great. But as always Alan's ineptness derails the interview. 

EssentialOffbeatColt-max-1mb.gif

16 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

I can't stand Alan. Late 90's GL was so MEH. It's hard for me to care for that group. The only interesting ones. Where Drew, Michelle and Susan. Paul's looking tasty. Paulo got fat. They are all into it. Which is great. But as always Alan's ineptness derails the interview. 

EssentialOffbeatColt-max-1mb.gif

Alan sure was a fan girl today. Viewers complained about him interrupting during the ATWT one and left him comments yet today was even worse. This group minus Joy and maybe Tammy were forgettable.  I still don't remember who Paul played

19 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

So I take it you were bored but you kept on watching ... 

It was boring yet a train wreck. The actors were excited to see each other and were talkative but over each other and Alan added to it. They should've taken a cue from the Mariahs/Reva/Josh reunion. All the actors were excited and talkative but didn't talk over each other and Alan just listened instead of interrupting every 5 seconds.

31 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I love PAS. Don't hate..lol

Why was he so red? He came off annoying and wanted to be the center of attention.

I like PAS too, it wasn't hate, LOL

Paul was the second actor to play Max, an urchin who Drew thought was her long-lost brother. She adopted him after finding out Selena was her actual mother. Max dated Susan but didn't do much else. Jesse Soffer was the first actor to play Max.

32 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Drew could be one-note, but I thought she was talented, and I did enjoy her with PdA. I actually thought she’d become even more famous after the raves she got from playing Judy Garland. But she’s had a wonderful career on stage and screen. Respected and able to star in big projects but not having to deal with the irritations of being a huge celebrity.

Drew was often one note which could get grating. But Tammy Blanchard is damn talented, IMO.

17 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Alan sure was a fan girl today. Viewers complained about him interrupting during the ATWT one and left him comments yet today was even worse. This group minus Joy and maybe Tammy were forgettable.  I still don't remember who Paul played

It was boring yet a train wreck. The actors were excited to see each other and were talkative but over each other and Alan added to it. They should've taken a cue from the Mariahs/Reva/Josh reunion. All the actors were excited and talkative but didn't talk over each other and Alan just listened instead of interrupting every 5 seconds.

Alan was giving Paul thirsty looks. I can't blame her on that. Paul played Max a kid who Drew adopted. 

Edited by victoria foxton

2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

He comes off very annoying.

LOL..he was annoying when he was on the show..in the few scenes he was actually awake. Did they ask him to do his Speedy Gonzales voice???That bordered on soap parody.

The Drew actress as Stacey..that would have been good..but Rauchie and MADD wanted to do their new versions of all old characters built around Jeva. I have been watching some of poor Nola's last days, before she got her last big storyline, and she is just ..there..Nola Reardon is just there. They have a really poorly written scene helping Matt build the Dream House to somehow conjure Vanessa back..and all the ladies are going on about how happy they are to be with a man...with the GL theme playing..the theme reserved for sentimental scenes or a character barring their soul (cause the end all and be all is to have a man and be in a couple..) and Nola is just sadly..."Well, I hope your ladies luck rubs off on me."  Unfortunately it was better then her duping an amnesia Buzz butt.

I think Drew became a heavily featured character cause of Tammy, not cause of a strong character.  It's a shame Drew and Wendy's Dinah didn't interact cause they could have been scheming cousins.

1 hour ago, ghfan89 said:

What is the tea with Rebecca Budig and Paulo Benedeti?

She tested with another actor she wanted in the role..she made no bones he was a better actor but not muscular and that an net exec wanted Paulo...(the dreaded Babs Bloom who came up with the clone..did she want him to bone her.??) Probably RB let Paulo know it...and Paulo resented it. They should have written that on screen, Springfield's princess looking down on the hot dumb guy but wanting to get some ..and it might have worked better.

1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

Alan was giving Paul thirsty looks. I can't blame her on that. P

Except Alan is old enough to be his dad..uggh, like an old creeper at a bar.. I had no idea who that actor was or who Max was or that Drew adopted..or how Selena was her mom and who cares...that era of GL sucked. I watched an Christmas Eve episode and instead of it being at the Bauers they are at Phillip and Harleys house..which was HUGE (looked like the took parts of the Bauer living room to make it) and there is Selena and Drew and Buzz windmilling and Beth acting like a freaking bitch and..I understood why I stopped watching then.

i liked it expect Paulo B. He came off as poor me

id Love an all michelle bauer with Rachel, Rebecca, Joy & Nancy

Im not sure if Rebecca is fond of GL days

Edited by John