Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Thank you. He's not Barbara Walters, he's a moderator just trying to get these actors to reminisce not trash producers or writers. If they happen to while talking about the past that's on them but I don't expect him to pull it out of them.

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They always should have made the remaining Santos mob adjacent.  Have Daddy Santos be a small time hood enforcer for a mob. Carmen's secret backstory is that she was forced into prostitution and married Santos to get out.  The first Santos that was killed was their son but Danny is really the son of Gus's dad a cop, that Daddy Santos then killed, and then attacking Carmen she kills him. After that..she tries to be legitimate but her shady ways get in the way. This gives Carmen some rootability and extends Gus out of just Harley and keeps him from the brain dead "Hes Alans' son!"  I really like SS but man, the  ridiculous mob boss in a pastel suit Cruella Deville worked against her and the show every time, and sweet PAS never worked as a mobster in training. The Winslows just sucked.

• Members

Gus was supposed to be the son of Selena and Miguel, Sr.  The storyline was stupidly changed. Patti D’Arbanville was fired. Miguel, Jr. was alive and...elsewhere. Selena had always known his whereabouts. (This child was never mentioned during Selena’s search for the other child she gave up, Drew.) 

Gus vs. Danny. Half-brothers. Perfect and soapy. 

Instead, we get Alan and a nun. Ugh.  Gus did NOT need to be a Spaulding. 

• Members

All things considered, I think they would've been better off just sending Danny and Michelle into the Federal Witness Relocation Program.  Then, down the road, if they wanted to bring back Michelle (with a recast), they could explain how the mob found and killed Danny, thus giving nuMichelle a reason to come out of hiding and come back to Springfield (namely, to avenge her husband's death).

• Members

Going back to another era

December 1970 Stanley Norris (William Smithers) and Leslie Jackson Bauer (Lynne Adams)

What was the reason Leslie married Stanley? 

I wonder if Smithers was considered  a bit of a 'get' at the time -an established primetime actor.

How long was he on before being murdered? Maybe it was a fairly short term role which is why Smithers agreed to daytime?

The Guiding Light : News Photo

• Members

That bio was quite detailed. I have read that some details of Soap Centrals GL summaries have been questioned as to whether they actually occurred as there is little info of that time period to go by.

In this instance I wonder whether CBS and P&G would allow an interacial affair (Stanley and Deborah)?

I had no idea that Deborah was a AA woman. Very envelope pushing for that time.  Since P&G was know for being very conservative. Makes wonder if this ever took place. Here's a pic of the late Olivia Cole as Deborah Mehern.

Please register in order to view this content

I found some info on the character. 

Olivia Cole portrayed Deborah Mehran, Janet Mason Norris’ best friend and secretary to Dr. Sarah McIntyre, 

Edited by victoria foxton