Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Alan-Michael has always been a character that I feel was desperately needed the last 10 years of the show. He was the one character that tied the Bauers and Spauldings together. The story potential for Alan Michael should've been endless. And yes, I am ignoring the stint with Michael E. Dempsey because that was NOT Alan Michael. I'd like to forget about that all together. 

When GH fired Ric Hearst, they really should've coaxed him to go to GL instead of tossing him on B&B as Whip, which went nowhere. 

• Members

I do give credit for them trying lol. It worked for both AW and ATWT to some extent during the same time frame. I think it would have worked if there was stronger characterizations and maybe even stronger ties to show's history i.e. why not have them turn out to be Trudy Bauer's grandchildren or have Chelsea been the long forgotten Lana Reardon. Instead Johnny, Lacey, and Chelsea came off as so goofy. The show did the Reardon's better with Bridget and Matt in the '90s. 

• Members

God..how we loved to HATE on Rae. I remember her "comedy" act where the poor actors had to sit there and act like they thought the material was hilarious! And of course she is the stalker..she is the only new character in the storyline.

• Members

Aside from the whole hokey caper about Dana being a Beth impostor under duress from a jailbird Alan, she did make a decent pairing with Frank from what I remember seeing but it ultimately too short lived. The character burnt through a lot of story-line in a relatively short time.

• Members

I dont even remember her...I kind of remember her going out with Frank, but really, the only women Frank worked with was KT's Mindy..and Melina's Eleni..and that's just because they both had spark, and poor FD was dull and not the greatest actor. Wasn't Dana a sketch artist..I thought that Will killed her?

I just remember Mo being a red herring..."Oh, I had to take care of all those kids, and when Chelsea came along it was almost too much..." and then  Rae poisioning Chelsea's soup at the Bauer house, (which Mo brought to her) which for some reason, we thought was hilarious, which I don't think was the point