Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They couldn't've asked Rebecca back b/c she was fully committed to AMC by then. 

I would've cast a nobody with more charisma than NSA. Her Michelle was (again) too whiny for my taste. JBL was MY Michelle and she had spunk. That's why I fell in love with Manny b/c of the constant hot tension between the two. They'd be screaming at each other one second and sucking face the next. That pool scene in San Cristobal is still my favorite Manny scene. PAS was so damn hot...

I do wish they would've asked JBL back as Michelle for the last few weeks of GL. 

• Members

Hated the Santos but damn did I love Granny Santos the real bad ass of that family. If they just hadn't made them mobsters (sorry even if you like them PAS and Tony the underwear model actor were the least believable mobsters since the ones they would have scare the Three Stooges or the Bowery Boys)  An ethically challenged family with some ties to the underworld would have worked...with Granny Santos really pulling the strings.

I can't believe that they never had Aunt Meta and Abeula have a face off....("I don't know about you Maria, but I have actually killed a man with a gun...I know how to get my hands dirty..") the farthest they got was that in any scene with Carmen or Abuela ,Stuart acted dismissive of both of them, as if Meta thought the family was a joke too.

Edited by Mitch

Carmen had potential but she was quickly turned into a cartoon. Carmen always trying kill Michelle got tiring. Mitch i agree about abuelita Santos. A face off between Meta and Abeula would've been awesome. Being hispanic i was glad that GL finally created a hispanic family. But i was quickly disappointed.by the Santos clan. Did GL ever reveal the Santos family hispanic background? 

• Members

@Mitch, I adore you but leave my Jordi Vilasuso and Paul Anthony Stewart alone! :(

They were perfect eye candy for me around that time. :wub:

I agree that Meta and Abuela Santos should've locked horns, but they stayed having Rick scold the Santos family instead of her. 

I don't think they ever did reveal their Hispanic background. I (personally) always assumed they were either Cuban or Puerto Rican. 

Carmen always trying to kill Michelle is what I felt made her a cartoon. I always felt that she should've found other ways to get rid of Michelle (like using Ben or Bill instead), and should've been in stories putting her against Springfield PD. 

• Members

Uh, that Martinez guy, with the crossed eyes??? I remember when they introduced him and gave him a back shot on the phone intro ala James Stenbeck of Bev Alex's first appearance...like anyone cared and he was interesting...(which reminds me of the scene where they had MarjAlex oooh and aaah over his..tatoos..cause you know tats are real street no matter what.)

The Santos were Cuban or at least Carmen was..Tony said he remembered her trying to learn English when they first came over by reading the Night Before Christmas or something stupid like that!