• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

DRW50,

What WLSV is putting up from 1981 is what was on one of the last GL DVD sets made by Soap Classics, which was "The Trial of Jennifer Richards" set which had 10 consecutive episodes from 1981 - now OOP/deleted. The Christmas episodes from 1979 and 1980 which have also been posted by WLSV are - I suspect - episodes which were to part of a "Guiding Light" Christmas compilation which never came to pass. I don't know if they have access to any other material from GL. I might be wrong though, seeing as a lot of the 1979/1980 ATWT material currently up on YT is also being posted by them.

Edited by zanereed

• Members

Yes - the videos being posted on YT concerning Jennifer Richards imprisoned and Mike Bauer trying to get her another trial are from that DVD set (along with Ed and Rita marital problems, Amanda losing her baby, Elizabeth preparing to leave, Hope talking with Elizabeth about Alan, etc.).

Edited by zanereed

• Members

These are my recaps for the May 30th and May 31st 1994 shows. The first one features the climax of the Pauly Hardman story along with Sprinfield's Memorial Day activities including a trifle between Eleni and Jenna and too much Tangie Hill. The second one revolves around the Peter custody battle in court:

• Members

Someone might have posted this previously in the thread, but for anyone interested in reading SOD Synopses of GL from mid-1975 through late 1976 (the issue "months" don't match up with the actual story months), here you go:

http://fnaf.net/classicsod/?cat=20

Even for those who aren't familiar with earlier GL history, it's still an informative read. Ed, Holly, Roger, and Christina/Blake history are included, as is the death of Rick Bauer's mother, Leslie. It even includes the introduction of Philip Spaulding's natural birthparents, Justin Marler and Jackie Scott (Marler) months before Philip arrived with Alan and Elizabeth Spaulding.

• Members

This is probably unpopular, but I actually was kind of bored with Marland's GL. I actually liked Pam Long's GL much better, though I do admit Infinity was not a great story nor was the mysterious Cain character (though I think Pam Long was gone by the time that story played out).

• Members

I think Long was gone for that story, yes, although she must have had the initial idea.

I haven't seen enough of 1985 GL to comment, but everything is so relentlessly hyped up, like everyone was doing lines before taping, that it can be tough to stomach at some points.

My opinion on Kyle tends to vary based on what he's doing at the time.

I think the worst part was just that there was no longer any foundation for the show.

I haven't seen enough of Marland's GL either. I think parts of it work very well. I really enjoy the Quint/Nola stuff, even if it's sort of its own show and probably couldn't have lasted long-term even with Marland. And I think he had some good ideas with certain characters. It's just that there's a weird fight between heavy boredom and outbursts of high camp. I also think the younger women on the show were by and large too placid in that period.