Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He had an affair with Annie?? But it was FauxAnnie right?  FrankieD benefited from Melina's star power and Rozell's Eleni...dull as dishwater. 

I actually liked Frank with KT's Mindy..but he had more zest to him...(I remember him being a pool boy or something for her and he was cooling off his chest with ice and turning Mindy on..) but he became a bit of stiff middle aged bore...and I never bought him as a police chief. He was a nice optimistic guy, not very smart, so he should have stayed the owner of Meals on Wheels and that was it.  And yes, Rick and Frank were nice support...no romances needed...though I wonder if KT came back if she could have lit a fire under both of them.

• Members

The few times Krista returned she did seem to make Rick a bit more fun again (without just Michael O'Leary mugging). 

Considering how definitive Kim Simms was for me as Mindy, I was impressed with how much Krista managed to still find the old character she had played 15-20 years earlier - she never felt forced or tryhard.

• Members

Yeah it happened during Coleman’s time as Teri/Annie, and Frank didn’t know she was Annie when they had their make out session but later had to fess up during Annie’s trial (the one with Johnny Cochran as her lawyer) in front of all of Springfield. Eleni left town shortly afterward.

But yeah Rozell just didn’t work as Eleni at all and the show just stopped writing for Eleni altogether even she had been front burner during Melina’s time. 

• Members

Matt Bomer who played Ian, Sarah's fiancé on AMC & Ben Reade on GL.

https://www.edgemedianetwork.com/story/327695?fbclid=IwAR1ELKYoAzm3qoAfEUWgwd2mts9sHnFFwF_jGZ6spnWNnGnPWHZD56yM0gY

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

While I think he lost his fortune, he's probably OK.  People toss names around as the most successful people to ever come from Daytime, and I think he has to be one of the most successful.  Some had brief popularity, but almost none maintained it for a long career like Kevin did.  Possibly - honestly the only person I can think of really - that has maintained constant work almost no matter what the platform - Jane Krakowski (sp).  She may not be the most wealthy nor the most recognizable "big star" name, but as far as constant work, practically no one has worked as much as she has consistently all these years.   Now someone will name Kelly Ripa - I mean actors and actresses.  Not talk show hosts although that has its place.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

A full Guiding Light episode, with commercials, at the start of this video. I'm not sure of the exact date but based on the promo about La Toya Jackson being in Playboy, I would guess sometime in early March or mid-March 1989. There is a promo for a Murder She Wrote repeat; there was a new episode at the end of February as well as the 12th of March, so it can't fit those time periods. This is also before some of the Vault episodes like March 23rd. 

@Vee @SFK Ellen Holly has a few good scenes in the early part of the episode, reprising her judge role. 

There are some nice scenes with Philip and Elizabeth Denehy's Blake too. Never thought I'd see Blake talking about the Long, Long Trailer.

Guiding Light Oprah Suspect Peggy Sue Got Married Juile Andrews And Carol Burnett Great Performance : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

• Members

This may be another soap myth but supposedly CBS proposed to combine The Guiding Light and Search for Tomorrow into one show back when they were 15 minutes but Irna said no.  Seems like a bad idea.  Would Jo have moved and become neighbors to the Bauers?   What would it be called?   Search for the Light?    No matter what both shows would have lost their identities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm still up to my ears in this petition to get NATAS to award Beverlee McKinsey a Posthumous Lifetime Achievement Emmy. They have awarded Posthmous ones so there is a precedent for it. Plus an author is working on a bio as we speak so there's a sense of a lot going on. I'm asking everyone to sign it & I'm asking many people to post supporting & to share it. In my YouTube channel is her "City Lights" interview and 3 video clips from early TEXAS & those are in the petition as well as one of the classic Alexandra episodes from GL. We now have 412 signatures & we've had 14 people donate & I'm thanking Kim Wells AW group on FB, Greg Meng, Thaoo Penghliss, Kin Shriner, Kimberly Simms, Kim Zimmer, Jill Lorie Hurst, Nancy Williams Watt, Judi Evans, Mark Derwin & Alan Locher. The text is a nice read even if I say so myself. https://chng.it/JBsh8Y9tkk Thank you for your time & for your consideration.