OLTL: Dorian Spoiler

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm speechless. But I love it. And I'm deeply touched they'd go so far with these characters and the way they're putting themselves out there, showing a GLBT presence in Llanview that is bigger than a dayplayer or two every couple years.

I mean, come on. How do you lose with a storyline about Viki and Dorian fighting over the gay vote?

Another fascinating angle is using Tia Hodge, the woman who played Mel Hayes's recurring earthly avatar, as "Amelia," Dorian's new bride. You can actually play with that and say, well, if she's embodying Mel, what if Dorian really does develop feelings? Also, it's another woman of color in a compelling story on this show.

• Members

Exactly!

Dorian Vs. Viki for the gay vote?

WIN.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• Members

so Dorian becomes fake gay to win the gay vote?

and kyle might marry that dude whos name i dont know unless fish comes out and stops it?

sounds like soapy fun.

too bad the fish/kyle storyline is moving like whiplash.

but i like the soaps use gay things as plot points now, like they do everything else. why not?

• Members

I don't personally have a problem with this, though I think it's kind of gimmicky. But I do fear a backlash from OLTL's more conservative viewers. There will be people who turn off the show for good with this development – a "mass gay wedding" will just be too much for them – so I hope there are enough curious viewers who stop in and stay to offset the loss.

Archived