Return To Peyton Place Discussion Thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Does anybody know why Julie Parrish got fired? I heard supposedly she was sick. I know she had a stroke during the filming of Good morning world and she continued to have health problems throughout her life. 

• Members

In my opinion, Mr. Casey (Rodney #1) added nothing to the show.   His replacement, Yale Summers, was better in the role.

Ron Russum, as Norman, was excellent - as, of course, Patricia Morrow and Evelyn Scott (Rita and Ada in both versions) were also!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Guy Stockwell Return to Paycheck Place By Dick Kleiner HOLLYWOOD - For Guy Stockwell, and so many other actors, the daytime serials are a blessing. Stockwell is now playing Dr. Michael Rossi on NBC's new soap opera, Return to Peyton Place. Stockwell always has been one of this town's better young leading men handsome and a very skilled actor. In the last few years jobs have been scarce. "Hollywood," he says, "has been a disaster area." He was lucky, in that he had another source of income. He taught acting, both at UCLA and to private students. It wasn't a luxurious income but it was something. There were many who didn't have anything coming in. As Stockwell says, it was hardest on the men and women in their 40s and 50s who. had never really made enough to save much and now were too old to quit the business and try something new. Acting was all they knew. Return to Peyton Place hired more than a dozen actors on a regular basis, and others from time to time. It came at just the right time for Stockwell, who says he was on the brink of giving it up. He says he had just about decided to leave acting and concentrate exclusively on his teaching. To give it one last college try, he switched agents, figuring he'd let somebody new have a crack at his career. He signed his contract with his new agent one evening about 5:30. Just before he left the office, the man said, "Hold it a second, let me make one phone call." He called 20th Century-Fox, which was casting Return to Peyton Place, and they were interested in Stockwell. He went there the next day for an interview and the day after signed the contract. It was almost an all-time record for a new agent producing results. Now Stockwell is happy. He likes working and the soap opera scene is hard work. And he also likes the idea of getting that good old regular weekly paycheck. "I wouldn't mind staying with the show for 12 years," he says. "After all, I have a wife, three children and an ex-wife to support. There's nothing like getting that steady salary." So far he's pleasantly surprised at the quality of the acting. His colleagues, as he is himself, are all people with stage and-or live TV training. He's also reaching a brand new audience. All things considered, for Guy Stock-well Return to Peyton Place is the greatest thing in years.