Y&R: Nelson's New MAB Interview

• Members

Mark, I ALSO agree about the "flippant" thing. Since me and you BOTH agree on that, I bet that makes it just about unanimous. I also don't see much wrong with the dialogue itself... I cringed at the "chicken parm" and the whole salisbury steak business.... mainly because I wouldn't expect that from Mac, if it had come out of JILL'S mouth... then that's different. I think the dialogue for most characters have been on point, especially for Beth Maitland, who is on so infrequently, it would be more difficult for people to write for her... it makes me wonder if Janice Ferri Esser writes Maitland's dialogue, it's not stilted or odd in any way.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ASHLEY: Victor says he loves me. He doesn't love me or he could never betray me this way. (BEAT) What if we're not together anymore and he tries to take my baby from me?!

(FLASH OF LIGHT. TAKE ASHLEY, COMPLETELY THROWN BY THE UNWANTED GUEST. ENTER SABRINA.)

ASHLEY: Sabrina!

SABRINA: He'll get you. Like he got me.

ASHLEY: What are you talking about?

SABRINA: Ashley. You're life's in danger. You and your baby.

ASHLEY: No. No. No.

SABRINA: Yes. Yes. Yes.

(ANOTHER FLASH OF LIGHT. SABRINA LOOKS ONWARD AS THE LIGHT FROM ANOTHER CAR SHINES INTO THE BACK SEAT OF THE LIMO.)

SABRINA: Here he comes, here he comes, you have to stop him!

(ASHLEY AND SABRINA SCREAM.)

BLACKOUT.

• Members

Christian McLaughlin and Valerie Ahern(Clueless, Married With Children, among others). But they also had soap experience, together at MTV's Spyder Games and he at B&B as a scriptwriter.

And then there's Lindsey Dufour and Marina Alburger. They never wrote for a sitcom, but the mere thought of those sophomoric hacks writing for Y&R is laughable in and of itself.

• Members

I have never thought that Y&R ever had good dialogue. During the 80's and 90's, I would tune out as characters repeated the same scenes with simplistic annoying dialogue for months. With the always favorite, "what is going on with you?" Made me want to stick a fork in my eyeball. Gah.

Archived