Former AMC Stars Returning?

• Members

What about Teri Ivens and Brian Gaskill?

Ivens made it very clear when she left that it was entirely due to location issues. In fact the anonymous actor SOD quotes sounds like it could be Ivens. She and JHC were/are friends, Frons singled her out when he first came to ABC as someone on the lineup who really grabbed his attention(that statement did not go over well since, at that time, Simone was not very popular), and she did an episode of "Melrose" Place so Pratt may be familiar with her (and she was also on "Baywatch", which I'm sure Pratt watched religiously).

As for Gaskill, Frons likes him and he's worked for JHC (Port Charles) and Pratt (Models Inc.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never gotten this type of reasoning at all. Soaps introduce new characters with no ties to anyone all the time. I don't see how this would be any different...Bobby's still a pretty viable character with some life left in him. That's all that should matter, IMO. If he has no ties, then new ties should be created.

• Members

Bobby should have been a viable character but it never worked out. Brian Gaskill looked too old for the part, he wasn't a good actor, and his romance with Anita was flat. Then when Christian Campbell played the part, things should have clicked, but never did.

Given the mess they have made of Liza, and how Scott is basically just a mannequin who is pawed by Annie or moons over Mabe, I can't see them doing any better with Bobby.

• Members

I also liked Christian Campbell as Bobby. IMHO, he was a good fit for the character, but the writing sucked at the time. I really don't think Opal will be gone at all. If Jill Larson leaves, I fully expect Dorothy Lyman to return to the role she created. Since AMC is so high on Opal with all of her screen-time, I think AMC might just offer Jill Larson a contract to stay as Opal. I wouldn't give up hope on Opal or Larson just yet. I think Brian Gaskill might be one of those returns as Bobby. If so maybe Deidre Hall would be Nina, although I'd prefer her as Tara, if AMC does sign Hall.

Alexa Havins says she does NOT want to return as Babe. So the Babe/Alexa haters can rest. I wouldn't mind her return really as long as AMC didn't become ALL MY BABE instead. I would like to see a re-cast of Marissa though, with a more seasoned actress, Brittany Allen isn't cutting it imho, although I liked her at first.

I think it's a safe bet that Rebecca Budig will return as Greenlee, Eden Riegel as Bianca, and probably Justin Breuning as Jamie. Maybe Tamara Braun as Reese, but she's got a semi-regular role on a primetime show this season, I think, so that might not work out especially if that show is on another network. So I guess AMC could recast Reese too. Maybe Sarah Brown lol, could leave GH as Claudia, and take over as Reese.

Carrie Genzel could be another possibility as Skye.

• Members

I don't think Budig will ever be back unless she is desperate for work. They'll probably just forget about Skye, she wasn't even mentioned for Stuart's funeral, was she?

I will be surprised if they keep Opal around. We know how Frons feels about paying for vets to commute between coasts, just ask Andrea Evans.

I thought Dorothy Lyman was on the East Coast.

If Bobby has to return I would rather see Christian Campbell.

Archived