ALL: Tristan Rogers is one intelligent man!

• Members

I think people finally realized how far gone the show was when Sonny's kids started popping up. That and the horrible couples, and the incredibly insulting, stupid story about Ethan being Luke's son.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But you could say that about anyone who critiques the show; 'they're only criticizing the show because they won't be back, and when they were back they criticized it, so that's...' Wait, you lost me, it's like a snake eating its own tail. What? That's not a real dismissal. What's your standard for "legitimate criticism?"

• Members

I agree.

Honestly, he comes off bitter. Remember when he was bitching about how the show was all about Sonny & Jason? Funny thing Tristin, once upon a time about two decades or so ago the show shifted focus to be all about your character. Wonder if he had an issue with it then?

• Members

The difference is that when the show was focused on Robert, Holly, Anna, etc., the show was good. Since it's been focused on Sonny, Jason, and Carly to the exclusion of practically all else, the show has sucked. Balance is the best situation for a soap but if balance is impractical, at least make the characters/stories that you focus on good and you'll please some people. GH right now has no balance and the stuff they showcase bites.

I don't give a damn if TR is bitter or not, he's right and that's all that really matters.

• Members

When he came back the last time, I got the impression he thought he was still one of the "big boys" who'll openly trash talk their current story, and just have another one written for them. I don't think he expected TIIC to just write him off instead. After they did, he started going on about how he'd love to be back on the show and how he didn't understand why he hadn't been asked while some of the other Monty era actors were. Then when that obviously wasn't working, he started doing these blogs and interviews, going on about how awful the show is and how Sonny & the mob have took over. Yeah it's true, but back in the day, he, Luke & Co did the exact same thing. And IMO, the only reason he says anything is because it's not him getting payed to do nothing but crap for five months, spend the rest in Amsterdam, and still get an Emmy nom/win every year. If he didn't come off as bitter and hypocritical as he does to me, I'd be the first one to say, right on Tristan! But until he doesn't, I'll keep wishing he would just STFU.

• Members

I think what he said about the show is true, however, you're also right about the context he's saying it in. I hope he's not waiting by the phone for a call-back, cause you don't step one toe out of line when that cold bitch JFP is running the show, because she will bring you down to chinatown.

• Members

Whether hes right or not.I would take his character over Sonny and Jason any day.There was actually other characters on the show back then besides Robert,and Anna that actually got story too.Its ridclous when about 20 characters come on connected to Sasons boring mob stories.

• Members

It can't just be this, after all the ratings decline started last year, summer I think. Teethan showed up during Toxic Balls in February, I think, Michael woke up in May, and Dante showed up a few weeks ago. There is something else. It may not even be related to the quality or content of the show. Any other broadcast or cable networks put on competing programming at 3:00 p.m. last year?

• Members

Whether or not one thinks Tristan Rogers is being self-serving, it really doesn't change the fact that General Hospital has been a piece of [!@#$%^&*] for at least the past eight years and getting worse all the time. And that's why people are upset.

• Members

it disapoints me that no one is stopping that women roam free and do whatever the hell she wants.Is there anyone at ABC that is saying

"SHE NEEDS TO GO"

seriously it sucks that people who cant do their jobs right get away with stuff like that.

Also i heard something else.

When a show starts they hire people who are good at writing casting etc but they get paid a lot of money for it.Then a few years later they fire them and hire cheaper ones who cant right and cant cast.I think thats what happened in 2001 when she came in.

Archived