AMC: RUMOR about the show possibly moving production to LA

• Members

Susan Lucci is a good comedic actress. She played a version of Erica in All My Luggage, but she wasn't playing the way she does on AMC. She's never played the dramatic scenes as comedy, even if it at times seems that way.

There's a good argument to be made that the public wants to see a celebrity as their character, not as themselves. I think that's one of the reasons why the film industry has gone downhill over the years, because the myth fades. I don't know how many want to hear stars go on interviews and talk about their bad sex life or the time they crapped their pants.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! YES!!!!!! I was just about to say the same thing -- both about Livia AND about funerals among black folk. This was NOTHING compared to the things I've seen and the stories I've heard. I was in high school when this aired so I was definitely old enough to know better by then. My mom and I were watching this together and we both looked at each other like :rolleyes: "Doesn't come close to Cousin Priscilla."

• Members

Say it again! Look how long they all stood around and stared at Erica while she carried on. "What should we do? I don't know..."

I've been to black funerals where the men start doing stretches in the parking lot so they don't pull a muscle when they have to carry somebody out of there. :lol:

That clip always makes me sad though. I miss those characters and actors. Brooke, Ruth, Dimitri, Mark, Tom, *sob* Myrtle.

• Members

OMG! LMAO! And when it's open casket and they start to sloooooowly close the lid as the choir sings Sweet Hour of Prayer? I sing in my church choir which means I sing at funerals even if I don't know the person -- but when they start to slowly close that casket and everyone starts to wail, even I'm like "Noooooo! Don't do it! Noooooooo!"

Well, not exactly! :lol:

But the feeling is palpable!

• Members

This article is dead on

GH is and will always be the crown jewel of ABC and of daytime

This show saved a lot of soaps

As for AMC and OLTL, their is no contest IMO. AMC is clearly better known than OLTL. In my cicle of family and friends, everybody knows AMC and GH but they either never watched or heard of OLTL.

AMC created lots of memorable characters much more than OLTL. (Erica, Tad, Liza, Gred, Jenny, Pheobe, Myrtle, Opal, Palmer, etc)

Archived