AMC: RUMOR about the show possibly moving production to LA

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well to answer the question about why SL didn't leave daytime, she said in her intimate portrait that she did have primetime offers but she made the decision to stay in daytime because it allowed her to be the wife and mother that she wanted to be and not be gone all the time.

• Members

LOL! I give Susan props for turning herself into a well known celebrity. She knew the limits of her talents so she did her guest appearances, tv movies, and a Broadway show. Nothing wrong with that. Lots of soap actors would give their right arm for her career and income.

• Members

With Erica, Susan Lucci took "diva" to another level, something that the TV audience had never really been exposed to before. If you look at some of her earlier work on YouTube, she was able to play bitchiness and camp perfectly. That's why she became famous, along with her losing streak, of course.

• Members

You're right on both parts.

She really did take bitchiness and fierceness to a whole new level. In the beginning, she was only supposed to be on every other Tuesday. I think because she played a 16 year old brat so well and was just so devious, that's why the fans grew to love her so quickly.

Well you know, she was his "muse." :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

Susan Lucci is the most visible daytime television actor/actress, no doubt. Even people who don't watch ABC daytime or even daytime television at all know who she is. I remember watching the Daytime Emmys during the losing streak and my non-daytime watching friends and family members would ask if Susan Lucci lost again. I can't think of any other daytime actor/actress whose Emmy win got a People magazine cover story.

Archived