ATWT : Actress returns!

• Members

Our Luke Kerr will be a happy camper when he gets back from vacation. TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco is reporting Alexandra Chando is reprising the role of Maddie, Henry's (Trent Dawson) kid sister and Audrey's (Lynn Herring) daughter on As The World Turns. Carly Schroeder (ex-Serena, General Hospital, Port Charles) must have been unavailable.

Source: http://daytimeconfidential.com/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the sea of endless recasts that is ATWT, I'm shocked the brought her back! Especially since they JUST recast this role a few months back. You know, recasting is hard enough, so why did ATWT go out of their way to do it with Maddie, Jade and Lucy and then not use any of the characters? What do they ever think? Do they think? I'm not sure, but I am watching the show again for the first time since Martha Byrne left. I heard about that big Hughes show last week and it got me sucked in.

• Members

I think I read afterward that ATWT couldn't work around Alex's taping of that internet soap she got. Honestly, if I'd heard that, as ATWT, I wouldn't have bothered bringing the character back, and rewritten it.

I'm glad Alex is back.

Although I was hoping this was news on Maura's return. :)

• Members

I like Chando as Maddie, don't get me wrong, but I definitely don't think she has the chops for Colleen. I'm no Sursok fan but even she is a better fit in the role than Chando would have been.

It will be nice to see her back on ATWT though. BTW, is NuJade still on the show? I actually liked her.

• Members

I think she'd have been a fine Colleen around the time of Lyndsey Fonseca but now they're trying to make her seem older. Chando would take the role in a younger-seeming direction I think

Archived