DAYS: Nelson Branco interviews Galen Gering

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Galen looks great at 39. I thought he was much younger. I never thought he was a strong actor. He looks totally hispanic/latino and thats why he gets cast in them. Love the trashy talk about Passions and Reilly...LOL.

Where is Toups?..lol

• Administrator

Meh, it's his opinion. I'm not going to dislike anyone who doesn't like Passions or Reilly. Sure maybe some of the stuff he said, rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm not going to hate on the guy. Galen had many opportunities to leave but decided to stay for 9 years, and it certainly wasn't the material that made him stay. It's not like he didn't know what he signed up for.

• Members

I don't see what was so wrong with commenting that Reilly was not the healthiest guy in the world. GG looks like a health nut who eats right and exercises almost to the point of religion, and from my experience at the gym that's sometimes how the ultra in shape look at people : Are they healthy or not. He eats oatmeal for breakfast and watches you eat the egg mcmuffin, and he just sees cholesterol and calories you are ingesting.

• Members

Agreed. And while Passions was on the air, he was always very professional and respectful of his employers and the writers/producers. I thought what he said was about as diplomatic as he could possibly be. And in terms of the line about JER's health - he didn't exaggerate, or say anything personal. JER wasn't the healthiest guy on the planet. That's not really opinion. It's the truth.

We've seen a lot of people really put their foot in their mouths, but I thought GG expressed his opinion without being disrespectful or rude. Some may not agree with him, but he didn't word it in any way that made me think any less of him.

Archived