OLTL: Discussion for the week July 20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's show, didn't see Stacy falling down the stairs coming at all.

Loved the Layla/Fish stuff.

Loved Cristian/Brody, Cristian finding the note.

Loved Viki/Charlie/Markko/Jessica all having dinner. Langston and Markko are too cute.

Loved Rex and Roxy's confrontation. I though Illene did quite well in her scenes.

I found Stacy/Gigi entertaining, but yeah the acting sucked.

The only thing I didn't like was Starr/Cole but that's always.

Rip off Y&R's story? I'm guessing that OLTL is miles ahead of Y&R in taping, I'd probably say they thought of it first, but OLTL seems to want to play this storyline out compared to Y&R ending it in one entire episode.

• Members

I can't remember the last time JPL gave a good performance. I still don't get why they decided to make him one of the leads. Everyone in this story is off, but Crystal Hunt has been shockingly bad on several occasions this week, especially when she laid on the fur coat. How do you manage to make that suck?

I REALLY liked the Fish/Layla scenes. Finally we're getting more definition and shading from Fish. Wonderful work from Scott Evans, and I also think Tika Sumpter has been very good in this story.

• Members

I am really loving this week's episodes so far. The dinner scenes at Llanfair were really sweet and I like that Brody and Christian met; the two of them needed a guy friend. I must say, I was REALLY impressed with Scott Evans and Tika Sumpter's performances today. Sumpter is a very talented actress.

• Members

Yea, he's not that great, but he's been ok lately. I actually thought Crystal did remarkably well yesterday. But of course, now that she's done having her breakdown, it's same old, same old.

Yeah, Tika and Scott were AMAZING. :) I really hope they give Scott a contract soon. He's on more than Brett, haha.

• Administrator

Oh man, now we're stuck with her for even longer! I was hoping she would leave. Damn Frons for loving the Morasco sisters! I'd rather see more of Jessica/Natalie.

I have to say I'm been enjoying this Fish/Kyle/Christian/Layla storyline too. It hasn't gone bad.....yet (hopefully it doesn't).

• Members

Does anyone else find it odd & a bit of a contradiction that Fish (who is so worried about acceptance, appearances and fitting in) is using LAYLA to be his beard? He would stand out and possibly face scorn with her too.

• Members

Yes indeed. Jess/Brody/Nat/Jared and Cristian/Layla/Fish/Kyle should be the bulk of the 20something storyline. I'm instantly drawn into their scenes, but Gigi/Rex/Stacy/Sky have just exhausted my brain. Or better yet, they've exhausted my eyes because I've been rolling them so damn much. Just extremely tired of them.

• Members

I don't understand why they need to demonize Markko's father for disapproving of teenage sex. He makes a lot more sense than Saint Viki, who was giving birth to Megan in a ditch alongside the road at Starr & Langston's age and should know better.

Archived