June 15-19, 2009

Toups

• Members

I personally feel that Pratt is trying to write AMC like it's a primetime show. Alot of stuff we've read about Pratt's writing is stuff that they do on primetime. Off screen happenings he's a big fan of, they do that on primetime alot, standalone episodes.

He writes the show like it's a weekly primetime show, instead of a daily soap

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually Rebecca and that dress was on the highest days last week, and this week Michael and his mom came to peace and we saw Sonny/Johnny/Jason make no bones about the fact that the mob was not to be glamorized. Next week's ratings will have the the Necca stuff/mob stuff. Rebecca/Ethan aren't much at all - but I think they are trying to make NL work and this time around she just doesn't. We've also had more of the sweetheart couples this week - Scrubs/Spixie. Thing is they are showing a bit of everyone in their stories, and Alexis is all over the place. We'll have to see if this week means anything or it was just pool party time.

BTW, I thought these were same day +1. I now notice these are same day... have they always been and I'm just noticing now?

• Members

I'm not surprised a lot of fans do not like Frons and Guza that's it period

and have tuned out they have alienated a lot of their fans in many ways and I'm not speaking about the "coupledoms" I'm speaking about the writing "of their stories" women do not drive story they are still giving me too much Claudia and all Sonny's children....They are not telling stories women who makes up a large part of their viewing audience "want to see" its "how" theot stories are "told"..

their preferential writing for only their favs who they train their audience to like or get nothing else of what I've read about this regime is slightly true the politics is horrid and they have not improved where it matters 'for me'

stop the favoritism, but players on with large fanbases who will tune in to see them....

tell a good story and stop the pimping and propping method of story telling I am a very long time GH viewer and its a crappy show on many levels.

I've never seen it this bad its painful to watch them run this how in the ground like this. Lack of diversity as an African american I don't want see all this Bensonhurst crap being so highly focused when I know what Bensonhurst is about...

where is Kent Masters King, why don't they use her they bumped her down to recurring yet she still doesn't recur...GH has a long long way to go and as long as Sonny and Jason dominate story it will continue to circle the drain IMO.

• Members

Thank you for the information. I guess people have a higher enjoyment of Rebecca/Nikolas than I do.

I think Spixie have become a liability as it's all about Maxie revolving around Spinelli's neuroses. I like Robin and Patrick, but so much of the show is about the mob I'm not sure how many viewers have stuck around for them.

• Members

Let's get real. Doug Marland, Irna Phillips, and Bill Bell could all be raised from the dead and write all 8 soaps, and the bleeding would still continue. The damage has been done, the trends of television viewing has changed drastically... no one can save this genre.

• Members

I think not. LOL! Nikolas and his Emily clone are creepy and gross. Anyway, the daily ratings are random. The overall trend shows that the viewers are not enjoying GH.

I despise Spinelli. The character may be popular, but he is not a romantic leading man. Maxie has been ruined. The hospital mystery is surprisingly interesting, but as usual with any non-mob related story, the beats of the story are not being played out.

I still believe that GH is fixable, but I don't see it happening. Even as they have tried to go with more family and relationship drama, the underlying fundamentals of the show have not changed. Men overshadow women in almost every story. The mob is good and everyone who opposes it is bad. Other than hoping that this is a summer dip, I have no clue where GH goes from here.

Archived